Has anyone tried writing to koni or spax.....

Rob1400T

Daily Driver
..... to see if they would make struts for the x again? I'm sure there are many owners out there who would want a set of good quality adjustables for the road to enable them to resume production.

I dunno Rob...

But everytime someone has contacted a manufacturer... even if ALL the owners WORLDWIDE ordered a part, it was usually not enough for a supplier to tool up.

You're welcome to take the lead on this one, but I for one am satified with cut springs and KYBs.

I think if ya really wanna go for an all out race suspension, modifying coil-overs is the way to go... especially for their adjustability. If interested, start a new thread and ask for photos and info.

I think they make a race setup

you can order from Koni under a special order condition. I think I saw this on their on-line cataloge (not cheep). Might be worth a call.

Leda makes struts for the Scorpion...

...which should work on the X. Not inexpensive as you might expect.

Regards,

I knew a guy from Ohlins and contacted him several years ago about making an X setup (which they will), but only on a custom basis:cry:

We can!!!

Hi Members,

Just came across this thread.
We have the X1-9 listed and have made several sets over the years.
I actually have a set of rear units on the shelf.

If people are interested maybe we can organise a group buy?
We dont mind doing one-offs as all of our units are built to order.

If anyone is interested, please email me at sales*leda.com

Many thanks,
Matt Courtnage
www.leda.com

Last edited:
What sort of price are we talking about Matt? A friend of mine has Ledas on his car. I think it worked out to be massively expensive, but this was some years back

Back