Have again the stainless steel muffler holder!!!!

Good day Alexander.

As we have new members, could you please post the details of your offer for sale of SS muffler hanger brackets? I will be ordering a set so if you could post the info others would be appreciative. All the best and this is a great product for anyone who might buy them.

For those who are thinking about this part for your X, your existing brackets from the factory are either rusted out or have been sawed through by springs that hold your exhaust system.

Hate that ting ting rattle in the back? These will fix the problem pretty permanently.

Last edited:
Hi X 1/9 community

I have again ordered a small series from the LASER - CUT and MACHINED BENT EXHAUST BRACKETS / HANGERS for the the X1/9 i.e.

Never again rust, and with the 2 mm stainless steel thickness no more tearing or bending of the spring mounting brackets/hangers which is, and was always often the problem with the original steel version!!!!

PRICE: $79.90 INCLUDING SHIPPING COST with TRACKINGNUMBER

If you are interested, let it me know.

Alexander
blob.jpg blob.jpg

Good day Alexander.

As we have new members, could you please post the details of your offer for sale of SS muffler hanger brackets? I will be ordering a set so if you could post the info others would be appreciative. All the best and this is a great product for anyone who might buy them.

For those who are thinking about this part for your X, your existing brackets from the factory are either rusted out or have been sawed through by springs that hold your exhaust system.

Hate that ting ting rattle in the back? These will fix the problem pretty permanently.
Hi Karl,

Do you want have 1 x set?

Alexander

The hangers on my 81 are completely gone so I'm wondering how these hanger attach to the body? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Do these come with the x1/9 spray cans ?.
Hi Frosty!!

How are you and you remember me, if you are the Frosty we met us in italy in friaul many many years ago!!!!

kind regards,

Alexander from austria, but life since about 14 years now in thailand

The hangers on my 81 are completely gone so I'm wondering how these hanger attach to the body

In your trunk wells, you'll see weld nuts that are part of the body work. Use lots of PB blaster from this side and try and see if the bolts come out (there are two per bracket, accessed from the bracket side - the weld nuts do not turn). If they don't come out, and break - you will need to remove the exhaust and drill out the broken section of the weld nut. Then you can use a longer bolt, a nut and washer. As mentioned, you'll need the "load limiter" tubes that will back up the bracket. Some stainless tube would work - or mild steel tube of the appropriate diameter - assuming yours are quite rusted.

Myron; I that helps. I can see 1 welded nut on each side of the car. I have removed the bolts (the panels are rusted and I am replacing the lower part along with the lower side and rear patch panels) along with the heat shield. I saw the stand-off tube, which I suspect is the 'load limiter tubes" that you are talking about. based on the pictures I assume there should have been a 2nd nut welded to the part that was rusted out.

Back