Header For Sale

bb4re

86X 22,000 miles
I have the header half way out of the yellow X that I am parting. It's a nice 4 to 1 style. Came off the engine without any effort. Very light surface rust on part of it only, the rest has none at all. No damage or holes where there aren't supposed to be any. LOL. The car ran very quietly just a couple days ago, with this mounted. No leaks.
Selling for $100 plus shipping. Pics available as soon as I can get it off the car...unless it is spoken for first.

Last edited:
I just looked at the previous header...

...removal link, which led to the header ID link. Pretty sure it is PBS.

Not certain this header...

...will work with Yves 86x...if it has AC. Also, a bung would need to be drilled for an O2 sensor. Am I correct?

you are for FI cars. So Maybe you need to box that thing up and send it my way....:grin::dead::bla:

Header is still for sale...

...just waiting for it to warm up a bit outside to finish removing it.

Here are a couple of pics...

Still fighting with the alternator removal to get it out.
IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

Last edited:
Calling Kevin B...

Hey Kevin,
If you are the lucky buyer of this header and intend to produce some reproductions, please let me know. I will be interested in buying one from you.
Thanks, Jeff

Sorry Jeff. Didn't get my offer in intime.

I have a welder ligned up (Walk Picket who make NASA H2 series headers amongst others...)

I will keep searching for a suitable model.

Kevin...

Let me know if you want additional measurements and/or pictures.

This type of header is more for higher rpm racing applications, where as one with shorter primary runners are for torque.

Eric.

Header design

Hey Eric,
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you might have that backward; I believe longer primary tubes generally lend toward higher torque at lower RPM's vs shorter ones. Header design is very complicated with lots of variables, but I am speaking in general here.

However you do bring up a very good point. Kevin, you might want to consider the intended performance out-comes of various header designs before choosing one to model after. For example if a particular one is known as a good 'street' application (if that is what you are after), then copy that one opposed to one known for race applications. As if just finding any wasn't hard enough already, right?

Back