Header For Sale

the goal was to eval whatever header design, and modify the runner length and tube diameter to strike a nice medium between HP and TQ for a streetable header.

You are right, I had it backwards.

Longer equals more torque, shorter is higher rpm...

Thanks for correcting me on this.

Eric

A good road header

for both torque and power gains would be a 4-2-1 set up. I'm working on some measurements now and will try to remember to post. Hoping someone local may be able to fabricate a set.

Making new headers

If any of you guys do find the means to produce a new header, please consider having a batch of them made. With the current availability of headers being pretty much dried up, particularly something good for street/road use and at a reasonable price, I'm sure you would sell them easily here on Xweb.
Thanks for considering it.

Header availability

Thanks Bjorn,
But I think the "FiatPlus" item is not currently available (as in no longer produced?)...maybe Chris can confirm the status on this, hope I'm wrong. And I'm sorry, but the other one you reference does not meet at least one of the criteria that I mentioned (reasonable price), if not the other (good for street/road use). For that matter, it is my understanding that the PBS design (like the one FiatPlus lists) is a bit better suited for high RPM (i.e. track) applications, as compared to say the long-tube style shown at the beginning of this thread. Not to say that either are bad, just that they don't seem to be the best choices. However I greatly appreciate any/all suggestions. Thanks.

Back