headhunter

Grant Kelly

True Classic
hello, I have a 1974 x1/9 1300 looking for a closed chamber Yugo head, electronic ign. set up-distributor wires etc., non regrind euro-spec cam. also any info on parts needed to correctly lower front end 1" so it sits level like the European cars. any input will be appreciated as I am new to fiats. example ...what years of Yugo heads are good/bad/why, good new cam that is same as or close to euro spec. etc. car is a street car driven hard on pacific nw windy foothill roads thanks

again, new to fiats

so the story that for front bumper u.s. hight regulation the front was raised a myth? and euro cars are also front -high? Im not being a smart-alec ,I really don't know

Welcome and.....

You will find out that not all FIAT's were changed a whole lot. It depends on the model. If you want to keep things on the cheap, find a set of rear springs and stick them on the front. This mod is well known. As for the X1/9 (going from memory) there is no difference in springs from the Euro version VS the N/A version. The problem or difference you will find with the Yugo head is the ports are smaller but you do get more compression.
What are you trying to do with your car? If we know that, there may be other that can help.

Warren

thanks Warren

Hey, is it really that easy? anybody have an extra set of rear springs? I'm trying to get some more horsepower and still keep the torqueband as wide as possible(driver friendly) I understand Yugo heads raise c/r without milling so as not to disturb cam belt length. First I've heard about smaller ports, I don't mind time with a diegrinder if they can be opened up to equal or better than stock 1300 head is my next question. again thanks for the input.

Back