Headlight Washers?

Sport

Rolf Grumme
Does anyone know the story on the '79 on windshield washer resivoir? It has a large depression near the driver's side for a high pressure headlight washer pump, but no hole for one. Is this an option for the rest of the world? or does the bottle belong to another car as well?
Rolf.

Check the headlight pod

on the driver's side of the car. I am pretty sure the 79 still had a flexible bag with a pump hanging in that pod, just like the 74-78 Xs.

The gi-normous tank setup showed up in 80.

Yep, '79 was last year for the sane washer reservoir size

in the driver's side headlight well. It is one of the things that I am not fond of on later models. They have less frunk space unless you start removing parts and swapping in older model parts.

It is gi-normous isn't it

But it saved my butt one day. Coming over the mountains one day going to work when I first bought the '87 (My normal everyday commute is a 13 mile switchback mountain road) I had a radiator hose let go. Thanks to the downhill and the absence of power brakes, I was able to coast to a pull out,fill the cooling system back up using one gallon from the rear trunk, left by the previous owner, and using the washer fluid in the front trunk to get to work without a tow.:thumbsup:
Rolf.

Back