Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Rooster

piccole ma cattive
The New England chapter of the Bucking Jackass Club (aka-XWEB X-1/9 New England member) cordially invite any and all members to attend a the last meet & greet of the year (with our cars) tentatively on October 24th. The plan may or may not include Breakfast at Parker's Maple Bard in Mason, NH, a short cruise, and possibly ogling my new race car over brews...

Hope for no snow!

By brew, I mean...

dsc000018293559.jpg

Home brew

4 beers (2 homebrews) and one home brew Rootbeer.

Whoa!

And I don't mean Whoa brakes either! Holy crap!
Where's you hide that? Or is this a new addition since our last visit?
Very nice setup indeed!

I put together the MOAK over the summer due to an unfortunate drilling accident with the last kegerator...

Very nice!

I need to do the homebrew thing again, it's been a bunch of years since I cranked out my last batch of IPA.

What do you keg the beer in? Regular beer kegs or those soda kegs? Or something else?

Pete

Can the date be changed??

I'm in Kuwait right now and will be home sometime the end of Oct. (but not before the 24th). The weekend of Nov 7th would be perfect. I'd understand if it can't be changed. Just thought I'd ask. thanks

Last edited:
I need to do the homebrew thing again, it's been a bunch of years since I cranked out my last batch of IPA.

What do you keg the beer in? Regular beer kegs or those soda kegs? Or something else?

Pete

Thanks Pete, I keg w/ normal 5 gal Sankey kegs. On a Fiat note, the valve shim cup is the perfect size to use as a tool to push down the centers of the keg outlets.

I'll be there...

... and I'm going to try to get my '74 X1/9 back on the road for this event. It's been off the road for three years, so who knows what problems I may find.

:cry:
I would love to come but unfortunately I have family commitments that weekend.

I am soooo close to finishing the X and getting it on the road. The engine will not be broken in yet so its probably not a good idea to stray too far from home.

Mabye in the spring:)

We'll have another in the Spring as well. By then I should have the Uno conversion done. Oh and the adult playroom (aka-The den w/ bar)

Cool

I only live about 4 hours from you!
I could almost be a Bucking Jackass member!
My car is still in the beauty shop and won't come out before late next week. I don't know if all the bugs will be fixed by then, and with my wife 5 months pregnant, i'm not sure we could risk the ride. Plus with all the pee stops, it would take more like 6 hours...

One day we will meet up for sure I we can swap those seats! haha

Hi folks, just a reminder that the M&G is this Saturday. The weather "looks" like it may hold out (60's but maybe rain), but this is New Hampshire in the fall, it'll undoubtedly change! I hope everybody is a go, as I'm excited to get the Bumble bee out for one last run before snow fall. After talking to a few others, I think this is the plan:

10am - Meet at Parker's Maple Barn
http://www.parkersmaplebarn.com/

After brunch - Go on a little cruise. Specific route is not entirely planned, but I know a few good roads in the area that will lead us back to the Manchester area.

After Cruise - Meet up at my place for a bit.
671 Hevey Street, Manchester, NH

For those that are definitely coming, I'll need a head count. Those that want to join in on the cruise, or meet at my place, call my cell at 781-718-7438 as exact times wont be known.

Once again, this is a couples event, if your spouse wants to come, that is great. I'll be bringing a new friend as well, her name is Marie.

Thanks, and hope to see you on Saturday!

-Mike

Back