heater doesnt work in the middle of winter

raph406

Low Mileage
just got my first x running, im fixing a bunch of little problems, but ive noticed once it heated up, and the fan was blowing, there was no heat, at all, is the heater valve not open all the way? i moved the control to heat. i havent looked at this yet, but any ideas?
Thanks

im not to concerned with the cold since im used to it, but it NEEDS a defroster!

First,,

It's common for the heater valve to seize. It can seize open or closed. Check that the cable end is still connected to the valve on the left side of the heater, and that the rod is actually moving.
Also you may have an airlock in the system preventing water flow.

Just as a friendly point of clarification, on later A/C cars the heater control valve is on the drivers (left) side; on non-A/C cars it's on the pass (right) side.

Not sure where on the early cars, but probably the same...

THANKS
the heater lever is broken off. i followed the cable, and found the heater valve, the cable is not in the holder, and the heater valve is horable rusted and very dirty, i sprayed some WD-40 like stuff on it. should i loosen the philips head screw and take it apart? Do you think i can get it to work?

Same problem..

Mine is seized also and I'm replacing it. I've put it off long enough. It's now also starting to leak. The parts no doubt will be pitted and prone to quickly rust again, so I don't think it's worth wasting time on. Up to now I used the air control to reg. the heat as mine was stuck on. It was still letting heat into the car though. My new spare has been sitting with my spares for a few years now, but am retiring this year. I'll also spray the new one with ( lithium grease ?? hope it works.) to prevent corrosion.

THANKS
the heater lever is broken off. i followed the cable, and found the heater valve, the cable is not in the holder, and the heater valve is horable rusted and very dirty, i sprayed some WD-40 like stuff on it. should i loosen the philips head screw and take it apart? Do you think i can get it to work?

More than likely you will be unseccesful loosening up your old valve & will need to replace it.
Air conditioned & non air conditioned valves are different...

heater value

believe it or not , if you cant get a replacement fiat heater water tap it is the same as a russian lada heater tap and still in production and identical. cost here is $52.00 kiwi about $45.00 US.

45 bucks yeesh. well i might just want to be cold for that price. well ill go check napa or orileys tomorow.
Thanks for the help.

Back