Hello - and a Bertone wiring diagram

bradartigue

True Classic
Hello everyone, it's been a while. Post-summertime surgery and I can successfully walk again, with the X moved to a new home I probably need to start looking for a more suitable candidate shortly...and I shall.

In the interim our project to scan everything we can find on the classic FIATs continues. An X1/9 owner sent me an original Bertone wiring diagram booklet for the X1/9, you can download a copy here:

https://mirafiori.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=97362

If you do not already have an account take a moment and create one (you need it to download from the library) and I'll clear it within a few hours. Feel free to post it on your xweb pages as well.

Hello everyone, it's been a while. Post-summertime surgery and I can successfully walk again, with the X moved to a new home I probably need to start looking for a more suitable candidate shortly...and I shall.

In the interim our project to scan everything we can find on the classic FIATs continues. An X1/9 owner sent me an original Bertone wiring diagram booklet for the X1/9, you can download a copy here:

https://mirafiori.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=97362

If you do not already have an account take a moment and create one (you need it to download from the library) and I'll clear it within a few hours. Feel free to post it on your xweb pages as well.

Welcome back to the land of the living, I wasn't aware you were suffering a malady that required surgery. Very happy for you that you can walk again successfully.

What is a suitable X candidate out of curiosity? Any help we can offer you have given the help you have given us all?

Factory Air conditioning! Even if the a/c needs to be charged or converted etc. And driveable as is.

Well and I don't need another basket case. The brown X had no single reusable mechanical part, and most electrical parts were equally bad. I'm almost certain - in hindsight - that the car had taken on water during either Katrina or the 2016 flood; it was just too good in the body and bad everywhere else. I don't need another total restoration project. I'm going look at a couple in 2 weeks.

The foot had a raised bone behind the big toe that was making it hard and painful to walk; it was fixed in May and is back to 100%. The car went to a good home with Jonathan, who wanted a total project for his Ford engine.

Oh and also was told I'll be receiving X1/9 microfilm to scan and share here shortly...the old fiat stuff keeps rolling on in!

Hi Brad

Before I make an account to access this - is it the same as the Electrical Diagnostic Manual (with legible color coded diagrams) or is it the original style (essentially illegible) diagrams as found in the basic Workshop Manual?

Thank you :)

It is the OE one that has a primary set of systems on each page with easily read labels.

I bought the same one from MWB for 18. Glad to have it.

It deserves the full color treatment.

Sorry to ressurect an old thread . . .

I'm suspecting the only way to know for sure is to start tracing circuits, but I'd figure I'd ask first.

I'm assuming this manual is for 85+ cars?

I've noticed that the wiring for the interior panel lights (center console lights, fiber optic harness, rheostat, etc) on 83-84 cars is significantly different than the wiring for the panel light circuits on 80-82 cars.

Im not familiar with how different the 85+ wiring is to previous models.

Basically what I'm asking is: does anyone know if this manual is an accurate representation of the way the panel lights (and associated circuitry) are wired on 83-84 cars?

I have two post 85 cars and it is accurate for them.

I don’t know when they added the high beam relay, it is one of the most significant direct changes. The other is the way the late fuse panel works with modular connectors versus the individual wires.

Back