Hello from a lost voice from the past (and future}

where did the time go? It's been months since I even lurked here.

so last saturday was the first cruise afternoon/night locally at a spot that gets 500-600 assorted cars.
Timex and Michele (wife) and me, driving along the highway en route, car feels like a rope is pulling me back, smell some burning, NO BRAKES. Pull off into the first parking lot I see. get towed back home. Few days later get towed to mechanic (different mechanic from last year, when I blew a valve and needed engine replaced). On the way to the same opening car show.

What does that tell me?

Matt supplied the replacement engine. matt is supplying the brakes parts now, expected on Monday.

This weekend, no car shows for Timex.

WHAT'S been going on here?

Vinnie

We see how it is....

Nice. You go away until you have some issues and then come back.

Welcome back! Like everyone else, you are drawn back in by good friends, good info and a burning need.... (LOL!)

Hope to see you soon...

Arman

It's yur X paying you back

... for ignoring her! Ha!
Good to hear back from you Vinnie.

Ignore her, not...

Not ignored over the winter. started upo every week or 2, drove 2 or three times when weather warmed.

Eveb took her to a little babbling brook, where she put her little X bumper to the the cool water...

Then...BAM!! The F***king brakes go!!!

Now, I axe ya....

yes you are correct...

This IS the place to come. Arman, how is your X?

I should be up and running again at the end of the week, ( and stopping)

Still disassembled....

But I have Lou coming over on Saturday to help me:

1. Install the Dynamat XTreme pads to replace the tar mats
2. Reassemble the shifter assembly (replaced the worn lever)
3. Re-install the best carpet I have.
4. Possibly install the red leather or black leather interiors I have. ( The black has detached seam threads and the red is nearly perfect.)

Sorry 'bout all your trouble, Vinnie...

It does seem your X is a bit jealous or something...

Do ya think maybe HE might be pissed 'cause ya keep calling HIM a SHE?

HA!

Vinnie, you probably don't want to hear this, but...

...sticking brake calipers are the result of a car sitting for a length of time. It's good that you started the engine every couple of weeks, but that didn't help the brakes. They need to be regularly excercised. Not sure how you snow-bounds guys do it, but it needs to be done!

Regards,

.... Not sure how you snow-bounds guys do it, but it needs to be done!

Regards,

At least once a month during the winter we (in Michigan) seem to get a quick wisp of warmish air. It's then that I try to haul out the toys for a run around the block. Last winter I was driving my Midget with top off on Dec. 26 I think it was, 38 degrees is fine for top down driving. If we get lucky the respite comes with a tad of rain to get some of the salt off the roads.

And when you get those infrequent warm days...

...I'm sure there are many activities you want to cram into them!

Regards,

Back