Hello from France!

Thanks htfx19! I was reluctant with the black hood when I picked the car at my friends when I bought it from him. This is because I remember the car being integral red back in 2008. But it is OK now. In fact the motor cover and the roof are black, so why not the hood ;)

*Bernice: Yes, both discussions are similar. Topics about CD30 rims hunting, motor cover tray removal, complete restorations, salvation of any X1/9 from destruction, etc, etc... :D
The people are cool and helpful in both forums. I guess it is that "poor little black duck" of a car with great potential that give us some sort of common attitude...
I guess the personality of this car, being so demanding in care and attention while being a dream on wheels when everything is in working conditions makes us all more tolerant... Well just my thoughts.

I am not sure about parts availability. The US is the place where most of the X where imported so more parts should logically be found there. I even found unobtainable parts for us in EU in the Midwest/Bayless shop. It is interesting but too expensive to ship when the parts are too big or fragile, for example windshields.
What is good here in Europe is that the Fiat Ritmo's or Uno's that were quite popular are now very common in our scrapyards. This is interesting when sourcing engine parts and a few others parts that will fit the X.

Welcome Alain...

You live in a beautiful part of the world that is on my list to visit some day.

In your photo you appear to be staring at your engine as if you are trying to figure out what's gone wrong! Or perhaps you are just admiring it! :)

Hi Ric,
Thanks! You are welcome whenever you visit here!

This is in the mountains. Thats my usual little 50mi trip, the closest little twisty road in my area.
Watch fo the video!(must have Windows Media Player)
I live in a (crowded) city and work on a computer whole day (webdesign). So when I am full and need to breath fresh air I take the X, remove the top and go that route. I must have been there 20 times now :D When I'm back home after just 1 hour driving I feel like if I had a whole vacation he he

About the pic above, I use to check the engine for leaks etc at that stop top of the hill. Well you are right, this is maybe also a reason to admire it...
Notice I also leave the engine on to admire the sound hehe.
The horses there sure know my car now :)

Last edited:
Hello Jettlee Thank you!
Do you have Fiat X1/9 in China? What is the popularity of this car in China? Thanks. Alain

+1

Jettlee, you're an X1/9 owner in China? How did your X1/9 get there and how many others might there be in China? How does one get parts and support for an X1/9 in China?

Bernice

Hello Jettlee Thank you!
Do you have Fiat X1/9 in China? What is the popularity of this car in China? Thanks. Alain

I think it is spam

+1

Jettlee, you're an X1/9 owner in China? How did your X1/9 get there and how many others might there be in China? How does one get parts and support for an X1/9 in China?

Bernice

This is the second or third account set up recently with two "templates" links in the signature. Check out a few of these profiles:

Jettlee -> http://www.xwebforums.org/member.php?u=960
johndept1 -> http://www.xwebforums.org/member.php?u=957
tommylee -> http://www.xwebforums.org/member.php?u=899
zeeshan_2011 -> http://www.xwebforums.org/member.php?u=861
bilalamjad3 -> http://www.xwebforums.org/member.php?u=852

If these guys are real, my apologies, but I have my doubts. I certainly wouldn't click on the links. :)

Oops I should have noticed that a message saying "same to you" from a first poster is spam :hmm2: I admin a R/C forum and I had to set the registration to manual because of this.
Thanks George! I was there a long time ago ('86 and '87) and hope I can return some day. You live in a beautiful country from the few that I have seen: Area of New York near West Point, St Louis MO and the road between the two. I have far linked family relatives in both areas.
I recall having seen a row of beautiful Bertone X1/9 with the black bumpers :love: parked in front of a New York dealer during my second trip in '87. This probably helped me buy my first X in 1988...

Last edited:
hello alain,

Nice to see more euro-members here. In the netherlands is a big parts suply new and secondhand. If you need parts maybe we could help. Shipping form holland to france isn't that expensive. Mostly it's the language problem, but since you speak english that won;t be a problem. Check out my site www.x19.nl

Hello Martijn,

Thank you very much for your offer, I checked your site and this is very interesting. Can you PM or e-mail me the price for the ANSA exhausts? (for the good one and also for the one to restore) Thanks,
Greetings from France
Alain

Hi Alain

When I was editor of the X1/9OC UK I had lots of contact with continental clubs including some in France like the Cote d'Azur club.
I believe the UK club have visited la belle France on a number of occasions. Don't forget that you have excellent access to spare parts via Eurosport and others in the UK.

Bon chance mon ami.:thumbsup:

Bonjour Dave!

Thank you very much. Yes I have noticed several ressources for spares located in UK. Some members of the french X1/9 forum gave excellent feedback from these shops. The only problem is the shipping costs for heavy parts, may be interesting to visit there with a van :)

A bientôt,
Alain

Back