Hello from Scotland Uk. 1300 Lido info wanted

Photos

You can't actually upload photos to Xwebforums, you have to upload them to some other photo hosting service and link to them in your post. I use P*otobucket , others use Imageshack etc.

In Photob*cket (other services are probably similar), when you click on a photo you'll get a section "Share this image". It will list several style image links. With Ph*tobucket you can either copy the "IMG Code" and paste it into the body of your Xwebforums post (it already has the correct IMG tags) or you can copy the "Direct Link", then in your Xwebforums post, click on the image button above the text entry area (the one that looks like a mountain and a sun with yellow sky) and paste the direct link in the dialog box that pops up. If you go this route, delete the http:// in the dialog box first, the link from Pho*obucket already has it.

Last edited:
I'm getting me a Lido brochure for framing!

Happy LIDO dance :guitar:

:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

folderlido2jpg.jpg

Hi
am trying uploading forma PC as my MAC is playing up!
If this works will try and do some detialed pics of the wee car and post them
Idealy would like to get her with the other bertone cars but three of them are not at home just now and wont be for a few weeks. :cry:

4cars.jpg

Paul,
I'm lovin' the contents of your garage. Especially the Countach :thumbsup:

The UK Owners Club sells a cool poster that might appeal to you :

!BOOfgpQBmk~$(KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl1JwPBJtn+HYOq!~~_1.JPG

Les will let you know how to order one if you're interested.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi
yes spotted the lido poster on cclub website and wouldnt mind one! Will ask Ewan Brown to get me one! Am sure he owes me a favour or two!
Was hoping to get the wee car in pics with it's big brother but want the other cars there too. Have a 1500 grand finale which is getting some paint done; a khamsin which is getting some engine work done in London and an espada which i store elesewhere.
When you see the cars together the Gandini DNA is very clear perhaps strongest with the countach. Had a 308GT4 before the 328 and again very very similair to the X1/9.
Strangley I feel the X'y is a nicer car than the 328, more space more practical, better steering, safer roadholding. A lot in common with the QV and very like the GT4. The Jalpa/silouette is closest conceptually to it although I never had the same feeling in the Jalpa as I did in the GT4 of closeness to the X'y
The Barchetta is totally different and much less of a sports car than the x'y. despite another 50bhp couldnt loose a well driven x'y on a country road!
I will stop rambling now! lol
Paul

Hey Paul...

As you appear to be somewhat of a traditionalist... I only mention this as you just might be someone that cares...

The Phil Ward book also came in a HARDCOVER version. Not really any different than the PAPERBACK and even seen in photos, its hard to differeniate...

I believe the earliest publication was 1994, and in hardback. I have a soft cover in the garage somewhere that I believe is a second pub.

If ya have any problem with the one you are trying to order, I'd probably let my softcover go for a reasonable price. Let me know...

Hi
thanks for the offer of the book. Got a copy in the mail this morning. My car is feutured in the bok quite a bit as was then owned by Geoff Oliver

Also got a message back from Phil Ward this morning about the total number of Lido's. He doesnt know the answer either and will post my letter in the next edition of AutoItalia magazine in the hope that someone out there may know the answer!

I didn't think it would be that difficult a question! lol

Will let you all know of someone somewhere comes up with it!

Paul
xx

YAP

Hi Paul,
Glad to see YAP Has gone to a good home. Are you organising an Italian car day event again this year. I loved the duelling exhausts:guitar:. Will YAP be there if you are?

Lido stuff

Hi Paul,

I'm another Lido owner, having bought my number 103, from 1978 about a year ago. Mine's in really good rebuilt condition, having only 43,000 miles on the clock and MOTs to back it up. I'm planning to do a few bits and bobs on it: it was resprayed a couple of years ago and is missing its decals, so those'll be replaced and I'm saving up to have the seats re-alcantara'd (I'm sure that's a real word). Quick question though: the previous owner replaced the dash as apparently someone had cut a ragged hole in it for a radio. The dash and door handles are currently brown and I was under the impression that they should be black: a detail which never seems to come out in any photo I've seen. What colour are yours?

Hope you enjoy the car mate,
Cheers,
Guy

Back