Hello! new guy here.

Gromit

Low Mileage
Hey there!

My name is Bill, I live on Vancouver Island on the lovely West coast of British Columbia. I have been experiencing a dangerous bout of nostalgia, and am considering adding a 128 sedan to the stable. I had one back in the early 80's and have to say it was one of the most fun cars i ever had. Mine was a yellow 1976 2 door with alloy wheels, and black "racing" stripes done in my dad's driveway.

Are there any of these left? I remember mine was already suffering tin worm at 6 years old. Looking in the Island Vancouver area, not a lot to spend, but I'd love to know what's out there.
Cheers!

Welcome Bill

Hi Bill! Welcome to Xweb!

There are still decent 128s out there, you just have to look religiously and be ready to pounce when "your car" shows up for sale. I look at Craigslist daily for all areas near my home to see what's out there.

For example, I stumbled onto a CL ad for a pretty nice 1972 124 Sedan only 45 minutes from home last spring. I went and got it even though I had never seen a 124 sedan before. You can see it in my signature below. It is in really good condition, it would have remained 45 minutes from home if it had been the typical Midwestern rust bucket. :)

Hi again...

I am getting the hang of this site, so Thanks for moving my ramblings :)

Last edited:
I merged your threads for you

Hi Bill,

I am one of the moderators, so I merged your threads over to this sub forum.

128s

As noted, they are out there but rare compared to a 124 or X1/9. Guys here are pretty good about posting craigslist ads when they see one in their area. Extremely rare here on the east coast as they have mostly rusted away and been crushed decades ago. I'm currently playing with a wagon that a friend of mine had so this was a lucky find for me.

carl
124 spider
128 wagon
X ITC race car

Back