Help Finding Strada or Ritmo Ring and Pinion

halojm

True Classic
I know not alot survived in the US, so I'm asking for help both in the US and overseas to find a Strada or Ritmo ring and pinion to complete my trans rebuild. If someone knows of either where I can get the ring and pinon, or find a whole trans at the wrecking yard, I'd appreciate the info.
Thanks,
Dave

Matt's out of them now

And I just found out that my former brother in law, who still has the remains of a Fiat dealership, just took 5 Strada transaxles to the scrap yard last month. ARGH! I told him to never scrap anything else out without checking with me first.
Dave

I know not alot survived in the US, so I'm asking for help both in the US and overseas to find a Strada or Ritmo ring and pinion to complete my trans rebuild. If someone knows of either where I can get the ring and pinon, or find a whole trans at the wrecking yard, I'd appreciate the info.
Thanks,
Dave

I don't have the ring gear, but it should be on the differential assembly http://www.fiatplus.com/differential-assembly-pr-276850.html.
The pinion gear should be up in an hour or less under the part number 4407725.

Thanks Chris

I can't wait to reassemble the trans so I can put everything back together and fire it up.
Dave

Works Like a Charm!

I got the trans rebuilt, installed, engine fired and test drove it the day of our first big snowstorm. It worked great (the speedo was off a little) and I put it away in the garage just a couple hours before the first of (2) over 24" showstorms nailed us. I just dug out a path to the garage so I can sneak the X out to dyno it when it gets nicer out.
Thanks Chris!
Dave
CIMG2280.jpg

I got the trans rebuilt, installed, engine fired and test drove it the day of our first big snowstorm. It worked great (the speedo was off a little) and I put it away in the garage just a couple hours before the first of (2) over 24" showstorms nailed us. I just dug out a path to the garage so I can sneak the X out to dyno it when it gets nicer out.
Thanks Chris!
Dave
CIMG2280.jpg

The speedo is not changed by the R&P as the drive is after the pinion gear...
Glad to help.

Back