Help, font for Abarth Prototipo script

igren

Seen some people try and copy the Prototipo script font on the Abarth but its never really the same. Anyone have a close up, good rez picture of the original Abarth Prototipo logo on the car or know what the closest modern font is? Thanks much.

Like this?

3458817982_816125eea7.jpg

or this?
prototipo-2.jpg

Last edited:
Good job

Man that is so close! I have to do this frequently to match customer logos for web dev.

The only thing that throws me a little is that the Fiat Abarth part looks slightly italicized, or it's the angle in the
photo, or, the angle of the sticker application. It's so close it's hard to tell.

Good job matching those.

Age related observation ....

Pat Howson, a friend and previous editor for the X/9OCUK, had a pukka replica prototipo named 'Strawberries and Custard'. I saw it many times over the years and the Abarth script is vertical, not italicized. Added to which, I have, somewhere, a set of black and white photos from the team's visit to the UK as well as their factory - showing the same.
In fact the FIAT ABARTH lettering is about 5-10% shy of the required thickness but I ran out of fonts to compare the original script with.

STOP PRESS: New font found with better match as standard - Olivia Antique Black - see updated image in earlier posting

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back