Hemmings Concourse at Stratton Mountain VT

abarth2litre

1800CC SOHC X1/9
GEDC0500.jpg
This past weekend Ron Jr and I decided to grab our ( you know whats) and enter our X into one of Hemmings top shows. Since we were post '74 we entered into the Sat show in the Italian car catagory. After towing the X through a short rain storm we arrived at Hemming's Museum in Benington VT. a little late for the cruise to Stratton. So we toured the Hemmings museum and headed to Stratton Mt. via trailer. Checking in we were glad to see that they had a garage for the cars.
The sun had come out so Ron jr took the X to the wash station and parked next to a 308 who eyed us over. Upon the Ferrari leaving, 2 1930.s Buicks pulled up for a wash and we started talking. Then the younger owner said " why did you tow that up?". well I opened our hood and their eyes lit up. That night we parked the X indoors and headed to Manchester for a steak dinner. Saturday arrived and we parked our X between a chev Impala and a Grand Torino ( a mouse between 2 elephants) but that did not stop the many people from coming over and saying the usual "you don't see many of these around" or " I knew some who had one of these way back" but the overwhelming majority were very very positive. Anyway the weather was magnificent and we waited to see if we had a chance against Ferrari's, Maserati's, Alpha Romeo's and some 124's. Well after roasting in the mountain sun we gathered around for the results and SHAZZAMMN! we beat every Italian car there for a 1st place trophy! A Maserati (who was also prepared by our friends at Auto Turismo Sport) won 2nd. it feels damn good to prove that a nicely done X can do well against the big boys. Enclosed are some pics that i thought you guys might like the X is on top of mt Equinox another is a Cos-worth Vega and an old Racing Corvair that sounded damn good
hope you enjoy.

GEDC0441.jpg

GEDC0501.jpg

GEDC0516.jpg

GEDC0517.jpg

GEDC0518.jpg

GEDC0514.jpg

GEDC0513.jpg

GEDC0480.jpg
GEDC0468.jpg
GEDC0488.jpg
GEDC0493.jpg
GEDC0499.jpg

Wow, 1st place among Maserati's and Ferrari's...nice win! Maybe they will feature you in Hemmings.

Those Corvair's are sweet as well, had one many moons ago. They used to be refered to as a mini Corvette just like the X is refered to as a mini Ferrari.

Bravo...

Thanks Matt
we are planning on going to Saratoga Springs Aug 7th for another Hemmings show at the Auto Museum.

Back