Here's the way to buy an X

I think it is a good buy

may not be a bargain but from what I read it seem fair.
Don't forget you are getting quite some extras.
And I love that color !!!
Enjoy

Definitely worth the money.

I'm already into mine for that much and I haven't even gotten to the body yet...

The color

Mike Mittlestead had/has a later X in that color and with what he did with the paint..... Against a clear blue sky you almost lose sight of it. "The Ice Blue X"

Different BlueXs at The Cosmic Garage...

IceBlueX was my daily driver for a few years.
Sold to buy MSR's 128.
icebluerear1.jpg

DarkBlueX has been filling in as quasi-raceX for several years.
It's much darker than these photos show.
In sunlight, the metallic pops out.
OR03.jpg

sideways-2.jpg

Interestingly...chicks prefer IceBlue and dudes prefer DarkBlue.

As for the Reno X for sale at $3500, lotta hotrod goodies on it.
If the car is clean, the goodies make it a hell of a deal.
Mudge is right...that's the way to buy an X.

While resurrection is rewarding in its own way,
reality is some of us have BTDT,
and others may find it challenging to
dedicate time & money...tools & space...ad infinitum.

Revelation! Believe that to be...

...Nadine's X. Steve Ambrose' ladyfriend.
They used to come to Wayne's Garage Gatherings.
Not seen for a few years.

Seller's words point towards that...
"bought it from my mechanic when I used to live in Seattle"
"Fuel injection and distributorless ignition controlled by programmable computer."
"Recently rebuilt engine, rebuilt transmission, and new clutch."
Plus the color & capless trons.
Was highline two tone blue, repainted single tone blue.
Color is darker than IceBlue...lighter than DarkBlue.

Steve & Nadine bought it from Wayne Wright.
Very clean body as I recall.
Nadine did the tranny rebuild.

HAH!!!!

Good things come to those who wait. :sun:

1st the free 74 and coming soon a free '79.
I'd trade em both for the Reno car!

My most expensive Fiats...

...have been the free ones.
Not in monetary terms...but in time/energy terms.

Whasamatta Mudge...hain't larnt that lesson yet?
Or perhaps a glutton for punishment?
Rumor is being married for long time makes it less painful.
I wouldn't know...

Dumb as ever, Big Mikey.

Seems like every time I make a decision to back away from this torture something comes along that makes me think, "Hmmmmm....".

No, I haven't learned it would seem. Cathy wants me to get rid of the Fiats and buy something reliable.....something I can't work on. Something that might suddenly accelerate uncontrollably. I've had a Fiat do that on occasion but a simple turn of the key solves the problem.

My friend, Marybeth, has a Murano and went in for a duplicate key as a back up. 350 bucks! Electronic! They could make her one that would get her into the car for 9.00 but it won't start the motor.....no chip. WTF?!

As to the sickness.....so far it has not been bad for my health 'cept for a cut or bruise here and there. It hasn't ended my marriage, though sometimes I wish it would.....not often tho.

I guess I take after you! :D

It's called...

...The Red Mist.
It gets in your eyes.
Like smoke.
Easily solved.
Just step away from the fire.

Doesn't mean you have to sacrifice at the
Altar of Crazy Parts Prices.
Some technology is good.
Chips in keys is looney.

Perhaps you can better relate to...

...what a man in uniform once said to me:
"Step away from the car".

The rest of it had to do with placing hands on roof
and spreading feet wide.

Tho' that's not necessary to solve your dilemma.

Nope

Mine said, "Good morning Mr Mudge. Where'd you get the plates?"

Seattle, 1969. I could not get the title of the car I owned then and was driving with expired Calif plates. There was a garage across 1st ave S with a mangled car going nowhere. It had current Wash plates so I borrowed them. One of my tickets had gone to warrant and in Seattle at that time, the issuing officer was the one who came to see you.

It was the 1st morning I drove with them on the car. Stopped less than 2 blocks away and had a so-so lunch in the King County jail....met some interesting folks. Mother stabbers and father rapers!!!! They took my shoe strings so I wouldn't garrot another inmate and gave me a pack of Bull Druham and a pack of rolling papers. Couldn't roll one to save my life. A really big guy named Ernie rolled one for me and we became friends........:bla::bla::bla::bla:

That is a good price - I'm definitely over that amount on my "free" X1/9, and I'm sure I've got more $$$ to go yet....:rolleyes:

Reno X

Hey guys,

Yes I bought the car from Steve Ambrose, in fact I met Mike Mittlestead and Steve at one of Wayne's gatherings. You guys are good!

Anyway, I'm selling it because I've got a job lined up in England -real close to Silverstone. I wish I could take it with me but its nearly impossible and insurance on a left handed steering car is outrageous.

So, I want it to go to a good home - like to one of you - to keep in the family so to speak. We all know the price is good... I'm not looking to make money off it, just want to break even and make sure it goes to a good home. She's rust free and begging for a test drive (hint hint Mudge)...

I'm kinda at a deadline as I'm moving on the 31st of July... no pressure!

All the best, Francis

Francis.......

I would be soooooo dead if I bought your car, but that doesn't mean I don't want it either.

The only way I could swing it would be to sell the '74 and the '79 donor X w/1500 & 5 speed as a package deal. My papers are in order so no big deal.

As I have found over the years, Fiat people have no money. lol If we did we'd be driving Ferraris etc.

However....(hint, hint) since you are up against a time line I would gladly keep the car here, covered and in my garage, till we can find you a qualified buyer, and you wouldn't have to cut to the bone price wise.

The car would be oggled but not driven except for around the block once a month to keep the seals etc fresh. Insurance could be an issue but you could non-opp the car which would keep your payment down.

Just thinking out loud here. Honestly, if I can put the money together before someone else claims it I'd do it. However, it would be posted for sale till it goes. Is it Calif smog compliant? That's a biggie there.

Mudge

Back