Hey Bob Brown hows the snow?

kmead

Old enough to know better
looks like you are in a hot spot for snow today. How much are you guys up to in the Keene area?

We only got 12" here in Grand Rapids (20-22 across the lake in Chicago).

I was looking at the weather and it shows a nice hot spot for you there.

Is that what you keep telling her it is? You know, some day she will find out what a ruler is and she'll find you aren't half the man you say you are.:p

Just brutal for us Southern NE folks!

Many coastal storms this winter in New England and we are getting hammered weekly with huge snow ammounts!

Bob you can have all the snow! NO MAS!!!!

AND if the snow is not bad enough today arrives a wicked ice storm :mad2:

Many roofs are in danger of collapsing...Home fuel (oil) trucks are backed up almost a week to get oil to your house...no oil = no heat !

Needed to cheer up so picked-up a new JK last week...here it is next to the Corsa I have no shelter for...I'm out there after every storm removing snow making sure it doesn't stay on the X :mallet:

2-3 Foot icicles off the house

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

You want Snow? We GOT snow!

I'll mail it to you. (you pay the postage! Ha!)

Standing underneath my deck...
Here's a photo looking out my back door where my 1986 trailer queen (red/charcoal) awaits 'in state'.
Haven't cracked the door since late October. Gotta keep it sealed! :thumbsup:

Also, you're looking at 3.5 feet of snow here. About 15 inches on the trailer roof this snowfall. (I keep it cleaned off)
It doesn't just look cold, it IS cold... About 20 Deg. F early this afternoon when these pictures were taken.

bbtrailerqueensm.jpg

Here's a pic of my house eary this afternoon... The plows went by and covered all our mail boxes. The banks are
about 5 feet high along the neighborhood roads. Makes for a fun time shoveling. :mad2:
If you look carefully, you can see the 'layers' of snowfall. It packs down over time...

bbhousesm.jpg

So not as bad as it could have been from the looks of things. Love the layering that shows up along your roadway (not that you do its a pain I am sure.

We used to lose our mailbox to the plow truck with regularity. Some people would put theirs on a long counterweighted arm with a rope hanging down for the mailman to pull it down to truck level to keep it out of harms way. We eventually made a turntable for ours, when the plow would hit it, it would just spin which was pretty entertaining until the door flew open strewing the mail all over the snow bank.

After all was said and done today we got another four inches bringing us to 16" over the last 24 hours, tying a local record apparently.

When we lived in Richmond/Fitzwilliam NH in the the early and mid 80s we got some good storms but nothing like the east coast has gotten this year. When I was a kid in the 70s it seemed like we had some bad years as well but I lived in the snow belt in central Vermont at the time which seemed to suffer a bit worse than the rest of the state/area.

Glad to see it wasn't too out of the ordinary. :)

Yeah, looks like BB-4RE

only green. :)
Actually, that's my DeLorean... Only green.... :rolleyes:

My cousins live in Conn...we were going to travel down just after Christmas and they got pounded. That is not to say that we don't get our share here but CT has a lot of very tight roads.

Below: Igloo, on top of 2.5' hard packed snow, stands 6.5' inside with a walk in door...for rent until March, Cheap.

dscf1031.jpg

Photo taken about 4 weeks before igloo. I am thinking spring. FYI, the shed to the right, stands over 6' at the very top.

The roof I have pulled the snow off several times and last weekend used a snow blower to remove snow from the lower pitched roof as it had over 18" of snow that was beginning to cause ice damns.

dscf1008n.jpg

Back