how do you remove rear glass

here goes.

Unbolt the engine cover spring 1st so doesn't flip up and smash the glass. Remove the engine cover and unbolt just about everything below the window on the engine side. There is alot to remove. Are you sure you want to do this? Anyway, spray lube the rubber seal a bit to prevent it from catching. Pry it a little and get some lube in there without damaging it.
Take the top off, stand over the targa bar and start wiggling it down with a hand on each side of the window. This isn't easy, but it will start to move. If I remember, 3 inches down should be enough to clear it enough to tilt it out.
Have fun.
James

just trying to save the glass. already cut up 1 car and threw the glass away cause i couldnt get it out. also will be good to know if i ever get my x painted.

I have 2 spares if you break it

Getting it to you in 1 piece will be easy (it's flat!) but
the shipping weight might cost a bit.

Still, free is good... Let us know how you make out.

not planning on shipping or selling it right now, just storing it for future use. not like i really need more parts in my lil junk yard.:rolleyes:

Lube

Try dish washing soap that you use in the sink with a little water.

I would stay away from oil.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Rear glass removal

I've done this twice successfully in the last week.
1.Grab hold of the bottom rubber at one end with one hand on each side of the window.
2.Pull the rubber firmly inwards towards the centre of the window and a lot of slack should build up in the centre.
3.As the slack builds up unhook the rubber lip from the metal frame on the inner part of the frame.
4.Use a small screwdriver to unhook the rest of the rubber lip as you pull the rubber towards the centre and out under the glass.
5. There should already be a bit of a gap in the centre between the glass and frame.
6. Pull the glass downwards a few inches and then out towards the rear of the car.
Regards
Peter

Back