How many miles do you drive your X year?

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
I was reading a post on wheel repair and toddr124 mentioned driving his X 35k in 5 years and it got me wondering what all # of miles most folks put on the clock in a year?

I can say mine (thus far) has been under 3k/year.

Of course per X for you multi-xer's ;)

-FM

I was reading a post on wheel repair and toddr124 mentioned driving his X 35k in 5 years and it got me wondering what all # of miles most folks put on the clock in a year?

I can say mine (thus far) has been under 3k/year.

Of course per X for you multi-xer's ;)

-FM

I also put about 1,500 on my Fiat spider per year. I just became a multiple X owner. I will need to see how much I put on each X1/9 this year.

I've only had mine since September, but I put 1300 miles on it between September 22 and November 5 and it was out of commission from October 10-27. So about 40 miles/day the days I drove it. I plan to drive it 8 months/year barring more brake problems, which equates to around 8000 miles/year or so.

Hard to say without forcing me to do ...uh, ya know, math. It's my daily driver and my round trip is about 18 miles all together.

John O.

Used to be 14000 per year, summer and winter. 100% reliable and pretty economical.

From a compulsive records keeper

2000 7,789
2001 9,807
2002 12,572
2003 5,786
2004 3,109
2005 9,649
2006 11,999
2007 9,046
2008 11,020
2009 9,643
2010 4,642

Average 8,640

I need to drive some more!

About 12000 annually...

...most of it in hotrod 128 commuting & grocery getting.
The rest canyon carving and track use in an X.
Plus another 3000 on a stretcher (trailer) hauling to distant tracks.

Haven't had it a year yet, but from purchase 8-24-10 to 11-10-10 I but about 1600 miles on it. It served as my DD for that time until I picked up the Rabbit and tore down the X for a rebuild (only 35k original)

About 2000...

since I bought her 10 years ago. :guitar: (about 29,800 total miles today)

I've had mine about 10 months and am at about 9,000 since then. Daily driver, even now in the winter. So far it's what I was literally "dreaming about" a year ago. A cool toy but daily transport too. I prefer it as a commuter over my other vehicles. It goes down the road better than the others too. Although I came very very close to loosing it today, 16 year old girl made a lane change without looking, I still don't know how I avoided her. My reflexes are pretty good yet I guess. Good reminder that 'if you're gunna use 'em, be ready to lose 'em". Lost my Opel GT that way.

7500 miles / annum

About 14,000 in two years, but that does not allow for the four months out of service, Several for a repaint, then another two for engine and trans upgrades, then four weeks for head work, then three weeks for accident repair... So the real rate after adjustments is about 9,400 per year.

200 average a year

Once upon a time the commutor but now for joy which brings to me a question why i bought another if i don't drive the other :huh:

Money not wisely spent.

Parts! Yeah, that's it! Parts... until you start restoring it... :p

For the 4 or so years I had my '87 in Germany, I put about 25000 miles on it. Daily driver and fun-car. Saw quite a few trips across Germany, many up to the Czech Republic, including one three-day tour around Prague. That was also broken up by a lower engine failure that prompted my ill-fated Uno-Turbo swap, deployments to Kosovo and Iraq, stateside for a few months for BNCOC and the usual round of month-plus long training missions. Can you tell I loved to drive that thing? :sun:

Back