How to access Best-Of for non-members?

Hi everyone,

I pointed a noobie toward Network 54 "Best Of" to view 5-Spd 101,
and he indicated he couldn't get there cause it required a login and no new accounts were being accepted.

Do we have the best-of archives available from SOXW?

-M

Nothing contained in these links works...

In fact, nothing contained in any links "internal" to the face value of the links works. You'll have to dig through the archives by hand. :(

In fact, nothing contained in any links "internal" to the face value of the links works. You'll have to dig through the archives by hand. :(

You talking about the links within the 5spd101 thread, or the links I just posted? :confuse2:

Try this link Matt

Searching Google for "5 speed 101 X1/9" returns this as the first search result:

http://www.seattlex19.org/data/5s101/

I do not know how "fresh" it is, but there ya go. :)

Look likes the link in the Xweb archives is broken for the 5 speed 101 thread. I tried to figure out the pattern of the links in the new archive, but I had no luck.

AHHH yea my bad I didn't click the link in the thread itself just went to the best of section. Ill edit the links to the correct link.

It is the "current" version...

Unfortunately, pics were never added.
IIRC, Mac was going to take pics on his rebuild? I am not sure.
Mac, do you remember taking pictures?

Anyone else who documented this job?

N54 is temporarily locked

There is a notice about this situation posted in the 1.0 archive migration topic elsewhere in the forum. The original Best Of and archive on N54 is still there but I had to lock it temporarily to prevent unauthorized (eg: someone besides myself) use of site rippers which were rapidly killing the archives allotted service bandwidth. I hope to be able to unlock it soon. In the meantime, unfortunately, the 1.0 archive we now have set up on our own server (http://xwebarchives.org) does not yet have search functionality.

I've been working for weeks on a google custom search module to run on it, but, the more effort I put in, the more I am beginning to believe it is not going to work (our index is simply too large, and google would charge -I'm guessing- at least a couple thousand dollars to index it all for us beyond the free service). I am currently investigating server hosted search alternatives to see what we can do there that would be entirely under our own control, index most if not all of it, and produce better results, more to come...

PS to Ulix yes we did take several pics during the 5-speed 101 adventure but very few of them turned out well, there was an up-close focus problem with the camera which rendered most of the pics useless for technical detail, maybe good for a chuckle to see me in coveralls with a 5-speed and a rear suspension in my lap, thats about all, which is why they never got posted to the tech series.

re-opened for now

I went ahead and reopened the N54 archive to read view. If the bandwidth starts going through the roof I'll have to shut it down again but hopefully that won't happen :) Thanks again and sorry once more for the inconvenience

Back