Huge Fiat Ad in Los Angeles

ryan

True Classic
Was a welcome surprise to see a HUGE Fiat ad posted on the side of the Howard Hughes Center off of I-405. I'd like to see if I can grab a picture, that should be challenge... :D

Anyone else catch this yet?

Ryan, if its on the 405, then yur essentially PARKED!

Shouldn't be toooo difficult.

If so, go pick up some teenager at your local high school who can drive, manipulate their MP3 player and TEXT all whilst "driving"...

I'm sure they can show you howta snap a photo also!

HA!

The 405? No kidding. You should have ample time to pull out a tripod, take a few light level readings, artistically ponder the shot and roll off a few dozen shots...and break for lunch too, before the traffic moves a few nanometers. Maybe I'll take a drive that way and check it out.

Ok, you guys are a trip, as usual. :clap:

So, I'll have you know that when I commute to work in the morning, the southbound 405 is at least doing 70-80 mph. :p The northbound lanes on the other hand are a parking lot.

Anyway, I was able to snap off a few pics with my iPhone. Sorry, the quality is just so so, as I was trying to drive. You will also get a nice view of my SAAB's Valeo wiper blades and a slight drizzle on the windshield. Sorry. :D

Seriously though, a rather HUGE Fiat advertisement, isn't it? Who would have ever thought. :pigsfly:

img0641y.jpg

img0642m.jpg

'ATTA BOY, RYAN!

WOW... Quite a Building Wrap as well!

I guess this city's sign ordinance is rather lax... Just were was this?

Maybe he's on the 405 at about the same time as THIS guy was... :eek:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD4CH6QfBhg&feature=related"]YouTube - 405 The Movie (Emergency Landing) Full Version[/ame]

WOW... Quite a Building Wrap as well!

I guess this city's sign ordinance is rather lax... Just were was this?

Hey Tony,

I made a mistake when I said it was at the Howard Hughes Center. The ad is actually a bit further south of the Center, around where the 405 crosses Century Blvd. The sign is meant to be seen from the 405 though. I found the exact location here on Google Earth; you'll notice LAX on the far left. Should we arrange an X-head gathering and photoshoot sometime at night -- of course when it stops that raining thing? :D

-ryan

screenshot20101219at337.png

HA... My son just arrived today from El Segundo...

... saying he saw the signage at Century and the 405...

AND...

... said he had trouble taking a photo...

HA!

Deja Vu?

HA! Good one David!

Ya know... planes do land from east to west CROSSING the 405... and many times they appear to be crossing the freeway at the same level.

Great stuff, thanks for posting!

Back