Huge savings on wheels and tires....

Believe me I thought of that but what do I do with the wheels and tires that I drove down with ? I have a car hauler and thought about hauling the car to the U.S and doing a quick parking lot switcheroo with the new set and throw the old set in the van. In all seriousness when I spoke to Canada Customs on the phone they advised me to have the wheels and tires shipped directly to Canada so I only pay the duty fees which is 7% on top of Ontario tax-HST (13%) because they feel I may get dinged with duty from both the U.S when I pick them up and then again in Canada when I bring them across. I only reason I don't want to let FedEx bring them directly to Canada is because I'm afraid they will have a hay day with brokerage fees.

When I spoke to U.S Customs they said that their would be no duty fees but I'm not completely convinced of that.

'PeteX1/9

Bring the tires in your van. Tell the customs guy those are your autocross tires. Your pretty tires are on the X now as there was a car show after the autocross.

Bring the tires in your van. Tell the customs guy those are your autocross tires. Your pretty tires are on the X now as there was a car show after the autocross.

now that's pretty sneaky

might want to scuff them autocross tires up a bit though :wink2:

No one is checking tires

If there is tread on the tire (not a slick) no officer is going to check the DOT tag. They know less about the data tag than you do. Especially if the letters DOT are anywhere on the tire! Just my opinion.
Bob

Greg-Looks like someone has extras....

Can we see that second wheel in a full picture. Also tires don't age well, so maybe you should share.
Looks Good.
Bob

Back