I am selling my X 1/9

toofast

Steve Zito
Hello everyone. It has been a while since I have visited this site, but I have an announcement that some of you may be interested in. I have decided to "shuffle" my car collection and will be offering my 1982 Fiat X 1/9 for sale. I will be happy to provide details to anyone interested, but the basics are as follows: image002.jpg This is the x 1/9 I acquired from Matt at Midwest Bayless in Jan. 2015. The car has been lightly used since, mostly just shown at local shows and "cruise ins", and stored in my warehouse with my other toys. It is really an exceptional car in very, very nice condition. Still showing only 24,000 miles. I am open to offers but am looking to get back what I have into it. This is not a car you would want to modify as it is in such excellent original condition and, as you know, they are only original once. Well, if you buy it you can do whatever you want to it, but I think it should go to a collector that seeks originality. Anyway, feel free to contact me at toofast@cfl.rr.com. I hope it is OK to post a vehicle for sale here and I look forward to hearing from interested X fans. I am located in Central Florida, in an Orlando suburb. Thanks for looking! I was informed a price is required in this forum so, as I said, I am looking to to get back what I have invested so I guess the ask is $11,000. Buy now and be ready for the Freak-Out in August!

Last edited:
Steve,

Do you know that the 2018 FFO event is in Orlando the year? Just sayin', its right in your town. That doesn't happen too often for most of us.

I was not aware of the FFO event this year. Thank you for letting me know. I was actually invited to and attended the "Viva Alfa Romeo" show held in Celebration back in October of 2015. I had the only Fiat there and we were well received. I will also re-post in the "for sale" section. Thanks again.

I moved it to FS&W already Steve, no need to repost. Just edit the the text to add a price. Thanks

If it doesn't sell by FFO, you can put it in the show with an "Available for purchase" sign. ;)

Excellent idea, Jim! I visited the FFO web site and the event looks like it will be a great time. I don't think my schedule will allow me to attend, but I will most definitely swing by the Lakeridge Winery for that portion. I live about 3 miles from there!

Yes, you are correct. I did mention that I bought this car from Matt at Midwest in the ad. In fact, I will confess right here that the photo I posted is from the old ad. I really should take a few new pictures, but honestly, nothing has changed. The car is exactly as it was when I got it. It really is in exceptional condition and I would love to see it go to someone who can appreciate that. Thanks for noticing, geekdaddy.

I was informed a price is required in this forum so, as I said, I am looking to to get back what I have invested so I guess the ask is $11,000.

That's interesting. MWB listed the car for $9,750. Says it sold 12/13/2014. It probably sold for $9,000 with shipping $750. Total investment $9,750. Owner kept the car since then (3 1/2 years) and now is selling and only put 1,000 miles on it. Seller wants to get $11,000. Net profit +1,250.

If this is true, we should all buy mint condition classic X1/9s - because you can never ever lose any money.

Interesting math, but if you would like full disclosure, here goes: I bought the car from MWB and his price was FIRM. The deal Matt and I agreed to was actually I'd give him $10,500 and he would make the arrangements to provide enclosed transport. Since then, I have installed a new battery, performed routine maintenance, stored the car indoors in a warehouse (go price one of those), and most importantly NOT thrash and trash it, modify it, race it, or do any other Hoonigan type antics. So I think an 11k ask 3 1/2 years out is very fair. The stock of really clean, unmolested X 1/9s is becoming scarce. In fact, I'm starting to convince myself my asking price should be 15. In all honesty, the only reason I posted a price to begin with is it's a requirement of the forum. I totally agree with your last statement..we SHOULD all buy mint condition classics and here's your chance! You shouldn't lose a dime if you buy the best available. Would you like to ask me about my 1998 Mercedes-Benz SL500 with 34,000 miles or my 1991 Z28 with 16,000 miles? I mention those as examples only and am not trying to solicit them here. There are other forums and outlets for those cars but I find it curious when people try to rationalize asking prices and make assumptions about what something previously sold for. I say let the market decide. If you like this little silver beauty, make me a reasonable offer. I'm a reasonable guy.

If this is true, we should all buy mint condition classic X1/9s - because you can never ever lose any money.

Seems reasonable to me with the uptick trend lately in pricing.
if you keep on waiting around you won't be able to afford one soon..:D

That's interesting. MWB listed the car for $9,750. Says it sold 12/13/2014. It probably sold for $9,000 with shipping $750. Total investment $9,750. Owner kept the car since then (3 1/2 years) and now is selling and only put 1,000 miles on it. Seller wants to get $11,000. Net profit +1,250.

I am not sure what your point is rjh. It is his car and he sets the price. If you don't like it, don't pay it. No problems.

If you look at the cars for sale page linked from the current MWB site, you will see your math is wrong anyway.

This was about as straight and original an FI car as we've found with the right colors and a full MWB refurb. It sold within 24 hours with 17 people inquiring. multiple people making offers after it hit B.A.T. it sold for BEST OFFER which was higher than the original ask.

Don't be a troll here man, we don't need that junk. Everyone should be doing the happy dance that our X19s are now routinely making it over the $10K mark for well sorted examples.

-M

So you think he should sell it for less than what he paid for because its 3 years older?

This is a show winner. A nice car with original paint and low miles. It will appreciate. It's a sound investment. Knowing it did pass thru Matt's hands, we could be assure it is sound and safe. I hope it will find a new owner in our community.

Since I tend to modify my cars, it's nice I can't afford it! :D

Thanks guys! I am offering the car here first. The true fans of these little gems live here. You all get first dibs. I do not have this car listed anywhere else at the moment. Heck, I don't even have a "for sale" sign on it yet. I think Matt would agree that this is really an opportunity. All X 1/9s are great, but every so often a really good one becomes available. Or you can wait.

Back