I love the "ran when parked" ads!!..check it out

looks like a '93 tag on plate, only 10 years since parked, it's ready to roll

wait, that's 20 years!!!! my son had to correct my math, dang I'm old

Last edited:
If anyone ever buys a car like that. Do not ever bring it in your garage... You will never get rid of the all the spiders and dangerous creatures living in that thing for the last 20 years...

The little bit of paint that's left detracts from the otherwise All-Rust finish. The seller should take care of that detail.

A little more acid rain should do the trick...

Then you can move it with a shovel! Ha!
Wow, that car has been sitting a while, you think? :)

wait, that's 20 years!!!! my son had to correct my math, dang I'm old
Same here :|

I am participating is a Leadership Program and this past week, during the down time between role plays there was some chit-chat time...., someone asked me when I graduated high school and I replied... When, out of the back of the crowd, and chipper young ladies voice rings out "HEY! I was in preschhol then....."

Damn kids, GET OFF MY LAWN! ;)

Yeah ... I get that just about every day at work. Turnabout is fair play though...I regularly will mention some movie, song, event etc. And then will stop myself and say, "Oh, right, you wouldn't remember because you were just a baby then" or "of course, that was before you were born."

How does the statement go? Youth is wasted on the young? :)

That 131 is absolutely dead

And to think that sometime, many centuries ago, it was a brand new, shiny and nice 131. We never know where we are going to end up...

The cruel thing is, I'd like to have a 131.

Not that one. I bet 9/10ths of them went that route.

And the irony is that when you spot one and stop to ask if it is for sale,99.9% of the time they`ll say; "no,im planning on fixing/restoring it".......right?

Might be for the best...

I spotted another 850 Spider off the road one time when I was on a trip. I stopped and asked about it. It was rough, but I was interested enough to contact the seller later about it and ended up buying it. I had my '72 850 and thought this one was about as good, it was a '69.

Boy was I ever wrong. The hub threads were ruined (early 850's had different threads front and rear, what could go wrong?), the floors were bad, the top was unrecoverable, the interior was mousy, etc. etc. I ended up fixing it up enough to sell off but felt it wasn't worth it.

Folks who list these cars for sale are odd. I think once the tires sink into the ground you might as well dig a hole and finish the job. Except for the occasional good part, like that factory Bertone 850 hardtop. That alone is probably worth the $500, but hard to tell from the pics.

Back