I must be an idiot-----

jasco

True Classic
I have an exhaust leak that I am not planning on fixing until next spring, but now the idiot light that says "EX GAS SENS" is on. Should I be overly worried?:sad:

I was just here.

No, this is just an intervaled light that comes on every so many miles. To reset it, pull back the passenger side center dash triangle. There is a black box with a small button that you need to press. Somewhere on here is a thread where I asked about this, and someone was nice enought to put up pictures.

Ed

better yet

find the box unplug it and take it out of the car and through it away if the lite is still on after that take out the bulb.the box is some kind of counter it counts miles i think anyway Fiat put it in so it would get you back into the dealer service so the dealer can tell you that you need this you need that. The black box is not needed it has nothing to do with performance or fuel economy I haven't had mine in my car for 10 years and it's fast reliable and get's grate fuel economy.

Ex Gas Sens

That light comes on every 30,000 miles to remind you to change the O2 sensor in the exhaust system. I like having mine working because that is the same interval that timing belt needs changing. When the light comes on I replace the O2 sensor and the belt reset the box and forget about it until the light comes on again.

Back