AKimball92

True Classic
I just wanted to give a shout out/recommendation to https://www.wirebarn.com/ for anyone looking for high quality wire available in many colors. They also have a Facebook page. I have no relation to the company and not affiliated in any way, nor have I never met anyone from the company. I did noticed, after receiving my first package order, that the company is located about 5 miles from me in the Detroit, MI region. I first heard of them from another forum by a person praising them a bit more than I trusted for also being "not related". Hopefully I will not come across the say way in this...

I ordered the wire bundle from them anyways because the website seemed legit and everything checked out as far as I could tell. So far I have ordered the 11 pack of both the 12 and 14 gauge wire with each color and gauge stretching 25' each, and also some connectors. The quality is very good to my amateur eye. The price seems very reasonable compared to buying each color independently from some overseas unknown eBay vendor. I wanted the color variety to help match the original wiring wherever possible and for future troubleshooting. I know people on this forum also like to keep the wiring looking as stock as possible while still performing all the modifications needed to make our cars reliable.

I hope this helps people out in the future.

Enjoy,
Andrew

Second that. I placed an order with them a couple weeks ago for the same thing you got, the 11-pack of 25' 14ga wire. Turns out they got it wrong and sent me 22ga instead, so I called them and they were most apologetic and made it right asap. Even though they made a mistake, I would deal with them again, because they fixed it right away, and the quality of the product is there.

Pete

Second that. I placed an order with them a couple weeks ago for the same thing you got, the 11-pack of 25' 14ga wire. Turns out they got it wrong and sent me 22ga instead, so I called them and they were most apologetic and made it right asap. Even though they made a mistake, I would deal with them again, because they fixed it right away, and the quality of the product is there.

Pete
And now you have 11 colors of wires capable of sending signals! Not too much on the X1/9 I would use 22 gauge on though. At least they came through with good customer service.

Thanks, I have too many times had to "settle" for either the right gauge or the right color and rarely both. I will have to lay in some stock.

I just wanted to give a shout out/recommendation to https://www.wirebarn.com/ for anyone looking for high quality wire available in many colors. They also have a Facebook page. I have no relation to the company and not affiliated in any way, nor have I never met anyone from the company. I did noticed, after receiving my first package order, that the company is located about 5 miles from me in the Detroit, MI region. I first heard of them from another forum by a person praising them a bit more than I trusted for also being "not related". Hopefully I will not come across the say way in this...

I ordered the wire bundle from them anyways because the website seemed legit and everything checked out as far as I could tell. So far I have ordered the 11 pack of both the 12 and 14 gauge wire with each color and gauge stretching 25' each, and also some connectors. The quality is very good to my amateur eye. The price seems very reasonable compared to buying each color independently from some overseas unknown eBay vendor. I wanted the color variety to help match the original wiring wherever possible and for future troubleshooting. I know people on this forum also like to keep the wiring looking as stock as possible while still performing all the modifications needed to make our cars reliable.

I hope this helps people out in the future.

Enjoy,
Andrew

Quality does matter, so finding a good source is like finding a gold mine!

This picture is of the same nominal wire gauge from two different sources. Top wire is an eBay item, bottom wire is Belden brand from a local NAPA. Which would you want to use for a project?

IMG_1899.JPG

Quality does matter, so finding a good source is like finding a gold mine!

This picture is of the same nominal wire gauge from two different sources. Top wire is an eBay item, bottom wire is Belden brand from a local NAPA. Which would you want to use for a project?

View attachment 2808

Top one is obviously better; it has more insulation :p
Are you certain those are the same gauge wire? If so then that is pretty bad, the bottom would cause shorts way too easily.

Joking aside..

Like I said above, I cannot guarantee the copper in each wire at wirebarn has the correct strand count and cross sectional area. It appears right and is of better quality for this application than wire I have used so far from Home Depot. The GLX wire from wirebarn seems very flexible and has the wire to insulation ratio like that of the bottom wire shown.

Back