I Think I may of found my 87

dontilgon

True Classic
A buddy of mine checked out a 87 corsa (red) with 54,000, minor rust in the less serious areas but beat up spoilers. All stock and he's asking 3500. The car does need a alt. and the Ac pump don't work for sure. Not really worried about the this. I not a big fan of the spoiler kit anyway, but what is envolved in taking the kit off. Will there be any holes to fill or is this a factory bolt on kit. Also being I have to replace the alt and ac pump, you think it wise of just removing the ac pump and changing the alt bracket? If so are these brackets available.
thanks guys I really want to get back in one.

Last edited:
The Corsa kit is held on with some rivets around the wheel arches and some screws that are easy to find. The side marker lights also help, that's it.

Trouble is, then you need to reinstall stock bumper trim bits, especially in front.

I think the Betone w/A/C water pump is different too. :hmm:

So I think what your saying is that There will be holes in the stock body when the kit is removed:hmm:

In general 87 & 88 are difficult to find

due to the smaller numbers imported to the US. Based on published import numbers, only 667, 1988 x1/9s were imported and only a bit more in 1987..

As for the AC, yes, the compressor can be removed without changing the stock belt set-up. The AC compressor has it's own belt set. Do this from the access panel between the trunk and engine compartment and under neath the car. Keep track of the crank pulley shims used set belt tension. Consider replacing the belts regardless due to their unknown condition. The difficult part is removing the rest of the AC system from the car which uses vac cum to operate the vent, AC, heat and de-frost controls. One can retro fit the stock non-AC heater box and cable controls, but this is involved. There are AC lines that run under the passenger side carpet that should be removed if the entire AC system is to be removed.

Corso kit can be removed, but keep the holes plugged post-removal.
Sealer with a pop rivet could get this done.

Good luck in your search...

So I think what your saying is that There will be holes in the stock body when the kit is removed:hmm:

Where abouts in NY? If you do go this route, I have a set of 82 front/rear bumpers you can have. They are the same except the later years were painted black.

Not the one

Checked out the car today, rain held up but it looked and felt like it needs alittle more work then I really want to get into. First the spoilers can prety much be thrown out. Then the regular..., brakes shocks, tires, interior needs a good cleaning. He was firm on the price. He said its is everyday care until he sells. Just didnt having the feeling this was the one.:(

Back