IAP Sept. 19

AngleT

Always more tuning to do
International Auto Parts is having a Customer Appreciation Day at their headquarters in Charlottesville, VA on Sept. 19th. Check out their website for all the details.

I will be there in an X1/9

There will be some members of DCFiats going this Saturday. I do not know if the others are driving their X1/9s or Spiders. It seems the people going all own both.

A Few Pictures

On Saturday, a group of us DC Fiats members drove to Charlottesville, VA for the IAP "customer appreciation day". The drive itself was pretty chill, literally a nice chill for having the top off (or down). Among the cars driving down were 3 late Exxes driven by me, Todd Rosenthal, and Walter Forlini.

The IAP parking lot was filling with Italian cars when we got there around 10:30. Altogether, there were about 60 Alfas and Fiats present. There were also tech events inside like valve adjusting, etc. IAP also had a special photo area set up for cars invited to be in there catalog. But mostly there was a lot of hanging out and chatting over IAP supplied hot dogs and pork barbeque with coleslaw.

The award for Best Fiat went to Chris Fumagali for 124 Sedan. Best Alfa went to a sweet 66. Best of show was won by Gildo Torchia for his Abarth CSA 124.

I had to leave early due to a promise to meet my good woman for house hunting, but here are the few pics I took. Enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/roadbox128/IAPDay

John O.

I missed it

I was on my way there when my X had a blow out at the 50 mile point of the 150 mile trip. Had to have my pit crew (aka my wife) bring me a spare. I decided not to push my luck (and it was already 11 o'clock with another 1 1/2 hour drive ahead of me) and headed back home. I'll have to catch the event next time and maybe bring the pit crew along in the "pace car" LOL

Thanks for the pics!

Nov. will be 5 years we've been married

so when this honeymoon phase suppose to end? LOL I'm a lucky man!

You are getting close ; )

From personal experience;

Dating; Do whatever the guy wants. Kay and I went backpacking every month.

Engaged; Do most of what the guy wants until the wedding to very close. Last backpacking trip was the day we got engaged. Vacations are now the beach not the mountains.

Married 1-5 years; Share hobbies with the husband and help with his hobbies. Kay helped me buy and work on my 72 Fiat 124 spider. Never went camping again.

Married 6-10 years; Likes the Fiat and buys an Alfa spider of her own. No longer helps with the repairs. Ocean City is no longer good enough. Vacations are now Sanibel Island in FL.

Married 11-15 years; Sells Alfa spider, but lets me buy more toy cars. No longer goes for drives in the Fiat or drives the Fiat unless required. Vacations now include Caribbean islands because they have better beaches. This is an improvement, the beaches are topless. Mountains what mountains?

Married 16-20 years; Your Fiat is a death trap. No child of mine will ride in a 25 year old Fiat without airbags. Hawaii is a long flight from the east coast. The beaches are crowded and the women wear tops. I want to back to the Caribbean.

Married 21-25 years; Kids now borrow your Fiats and do damage. The wife says who cares they are Fiats. The only time my wife rides in my X1/9 is when my daughter is driving. Europe is now the place for vacations. Beaches are topless again, but the language is not English.

Married 26-28 years; Wife makes you trim the herd of cars you have collected over the years. Kids wreck every car they drive. Conflicting work schedules makes home life better. Vacations now are separate when possible. I go with the guys to play golf, She goes to FL with the girls. Ride in a convertible? You must be joking.

Future; ???? It will be interesting.:help:

Back