Iconic Rare Cars Abandoned Left To Rot

No single story, that site is just a compilation of pics from all around the world of abandoned cars. Some really amazing cars in there, for sure. Some of those pics I recognize as being from Iraq, taken right after the war.

I have a story that is kind of similar. Near where my parents live in VA, there is a 1965 Pontiac GTO convertible sitting next to an abandoned general store. It is under a kind of carport, but the carport has almost no roof left. It has been there since I was a teenager. The trunk is partially open, the hood is open, the convertible top is ripped in a few spots. Still, somehow it almost rust free, just some surface rust, one rust through behind the rear wheel on the Pass side.

It should look like this:

1965_pontiac_gto_convertible_99446349374333220.jpg

Any way, it's sitting there. Faded sign in the window saying "Do not ask, not for sale." Regardless, I put a business card on the dash almost 6 years ago. Business card is still there. :hmm2:

I have a pic on my iPhone. I'll post it up sometime.

wow..#15..the long tail alpine.
back in 77 or 78 i worked with a guy who's brother had a '62 409 up on blocks that was never going anywhere.

Maybe its just a 1965 Tempest or LeMans with GTO badging and not a true GTO. Sadly though for us, a junk GTO is worth more than a very nice X.

Back