Ideal wheels size and back space for custom wheels

That depends on what size tires you want to run!
That should be the first decision.

For a 7" rim, I like ET10 front and ET0 or even ET-5 rear if the tire isn't wider than 195.
Higher ETs are possible.

depends what you want

If you measure from the rear mounting flange to the inside edge of the wheel you will find you have about 4 inches. I thinlk all x19 wheels have that same dimention, at least all I have measured do. On my autocross car I originally used 13X 8 wheels with 5 inch back spacing per the previous measurement and removed the 1/4 inch thick shim that locks on the rotor. This takes a little modifing of of the rear toe arm and strut mounting. But with rolling the inner fender flange ( lip ) up I can run 225-45x13 inch hoosiers and the wheel wells look and still are stock. However since 22-45X13 are no longer enough tire I am now going to 255-40x13 in front on 13x9.5 inch wheels and 275-35x15 on 15x10 inch wheels in the back. There will definately be some fender cutting on this one. Also these new wheels also have the 5 inch back spacing. Just remember the front scrub radius will ne negatively impacted and on street car don't go too crazy. Good luck

Charlie

Back