IDF-ing progress

carl

True Classic
IMG_1064[2].JPG

Finally got to work on this. The manifold is beautiful but the spacing between carbs was a tad further apart than on a 124 manifold so the interlink would not...interlink. I welded on an extension.

IMG_1063[2].JPG
And now they interlink! Nice thing about a MIG is it's a very quick shot with minimal heat input.
IDFs have a much better interlink setup then what typically comes with DCNFs which usually look like something made in a kindergarten craft class.

Next step is to pull off the 34 and install this setup. I have had IDFs on 128s but admit I have never installed them on an X. Height wise they should fit under the engine cover...we shall see.

That does not look very different than the interlink that came with my DCNFs, except for the weld.

Last edited:
The interlink concept is the same but typically the DCNFs are much further apart and the male tab is much longer.

Well, it's too damn hot to be out driving the X so I decided to install the IDFs this morning. I can set the balance and tune them when the weather breaks. It did run well enough to back out of the garage and park on the driveway.

IMG_1065[1].JPG

IMG_1066[1].JPG

IMG_1067[1].JPG

IMG_1069[1].JPG

Oddly enough, when I put IDFs from a spider onto my 1500 128 the jetting was almost exactly the same. We shall see....I love IDFs.
And to Steve C and others who will point out that the floats are oriented wrong for sidewinder motors and dual Webers won't provide much if any hp to a stock motor...I say, they look great and provide the most glorious noise and that's all I need for motivation.

Back