if some one wants a Dalarra kit ....

Soo tempting

I wonder what he would take for just the dallara fitted car. And I wish there wasn't a province inbetween me and those parts. :cry::cry::cry:

I just secured a semi and trailer.... Waiting to hear back from seller :)

LOL.. I did this once.. enjoy the video:wacko:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDrtaEhKZw"]Lancia scorpions Arrive - YouTube[/ame]

Lol - LOVE the video JJ

I'll be driving them home (on the truck) but 1 question....

What did your wife say when you told her " I bought 4 "?

I trying to figure out a way to tell mine :)

On a BRIGHTER note.....

MY 1982 X is home!!! It's 3:38am, I got home about 30 minutes ago. Left under perfect conditions and came home in a blizzard with black ice highways. Many many accidents along the way so my friend and I took it real slow. Will post some pics tomorrow but it's definitely in an incredible, rust free condition.

For real!

Congradulations on the car arriving jake! But did you actually drive it through last night?! That's incredible that you made it! And are you actually planning on buying those cars from calgary?!

Yes I ended up getting caught in the blizzard!

From the Border to Winnipeg was a nightmare! Keep speeds down to 40mph, left the border at 11pm and arrived home safe and sound at 3 am !

Car performed amazingly and after being thoroughly washed this morning is parked safely in my house garage waiting for parts and the weather to smarten up.

A few things it needs:

Speedo & Tach - needles warped ( heat damage? )
Interior trim behind seats along door opening (left & right)
Dash is badly cracked, instrument pod not too bad
Will re upholster in leather
New carpet & after market leather seats on their way. Will put those in till factory seats are re upholstered
Needs both door opening w/strips, targa roof weather strips, out door window weather strips.
Drivers door hinges have play causing door to bind.
Deck lid and engine lid release handles worn - bind together
Heater motor does not function (cold ride home!)
Altenator output at 12.1-12.3 volts - alt? Reg? GM update?

But absolutely NO RUST!

I'm working on getting the cars but no guarantee yet. I had lined up a transport but once he found out the cars aren't running they said no. Tried to make arrangement I'd load them for the driver but still a no. Now working through options... Would be 5 trips with my truck & trailer - too much expense in that. Will keep you up to date.

I spoke with him and the Dallara has a rust free body (other then the hood/trunk surface), 2 others have nearly no rust other then the bolt on sheet metal. Final two are rusty with 1 being more or less just a shell. Nothing has run for years and therefore listed as not running. 1 has engine torn down and last has no drivetrain.

Wow - outrageous Shipping pricing!

Well finally found a carrier willing to haul the fiats from Alberta to Manitoba - 1000km give or take a few kms (660 miles) - the cost - made me laugh!

$4900 for the cars - another unknown amount estimated at $125 per car - for a towing company to load them on the trailer, plus fuel surcharges!

So anywhere from $5600-$ ????.?? To haul the 5 fiats home! Guess they're still for sale.....

I'll be driving them home (on the truck) but 1 question....

What did your wife say when you told her " I bought 4 "?

I trying to figure out a way to tell mine :)

I have something in common with Jay Leno. I am loyal to my wife but not to the cars. I consider them my mistresses. When I bore of them I get rid of them...:)

She could care less about the cars she married me because " You're Not Boring" her words...

You forgot one thing JJ ...

You can "pimp" a car and it doesn't require alimony. :grin:

An idea...

Hi,

My suggest would be to tow the Dallara back home and strip all the other cars where they are from what you would like to keep and bring that stuff in the tow truck and in the Fiat. This would leave a lot of nice parts going to the crusher, but still you will have a nice deal. Bringing back all the cars will cost you more than what they worth. They are not street legal and they will be a lot of work to put back on the road. The dallara kit worth the price plus you could keep all the best parts you need and the ones that have a good market value.

Daniel Forest
Montréal, Canada (a lot farther than Manitoba!)

Done deal...

Took a little work but a good friend of mine, also an X fan, bought the cars. We head out this weekend to bring back 3 of them. The second I texted him about the dallara he was on the phone to me. The good news is the Dallara will be going to some who will definitely appreciate it and will rebuild it. The Bad news (for me) is it won't be me. I did end up with a nearly rust free body for my re-power project and a crap load of parts! Will post pics of the haul when we get them home and will probably have tons of parts up for grabs in the up coming months.

Made the 1300 km drive only to find out the cars are rusted beyond repair the delarra kit fiberglass is all peeling off the car and cracked in so many places. The metal on the Delarra is in decent shape but the rest of the car is a basket case. The other four cars are so badly rodded in so many areas nothing is worth starting to restore. If you combine all the parts that are there you might, and I emphasize might, be able to make almost one car. Walked away from the deal left the cars there good luck to the next purchaser. After lengthy discussions with him on the phone regarding the conditions of each vehicle only to find out he outright lied to us about the conditions really upset us. Any good deals in the Calgary area?

Heading back to Manitoba on the #1

If anyone knows of ANY deals out there along out route let me know. Gonna try and recoup some of the $900 we will spend on fuel for the lovely drive :) currently stopping for lunch in Medicine Hat, Alberta

Heading back to Manitoba on the #1

If anyone knows of ANY deals out there along out route let me know. Gonna try and recoup some of the $900 we will spend on fuel for the lovely drive :) currently stopping for lunch in Medicine Hat, Alberta

There is a sweet 74 I know of.

It is posted here in the forum and it does need restoring but all original.

Back