Im In Love

Beautiful.

I would have preferred that they retain the 365 BB's original six downdraft Webers though; I've always thought that engine is one of the most gorgeous in all of automobiledom.

Looks like a 365GTC4 motor to me - Vee not flat-12 with injection between the camboxes, just like the original P4, although the original used Lucas mech inj. I read years ago that Norwood was using Boxer flat-12's in these things, and so was surprised to see a Vee unit in this one which nicely approximates a real one.

Ferrari 330 P4

Arguably the most beautiful automobile ever made. I recall having lustful dreams about that model for many years.

Seems a tad over the top to me, but what do I know, here's two of my favorites.
fav.jpg

anotherfavorite.jpg

Last edited:
The second one is cool - the 1st looks like an eternal money pit that you can never actually drive!

Jeff (Van Dyke) - what are those cars?

The second one is cool - the 1st looks like an eternal money pit that you can never actually drive!

Jeff (Van Dyke) - what are those cars?

Top one is pretty obscure, let's see if anyone can guess it.
bottom should be pretty easy, it's a legend.

I changed the file name before I uploaded it to make it a bit harder, hint; British and never a production car, just a concept so it doesn't really "count".

Last edited:
Speaking of CHEATING...

Looks to be a CHEETAH and also some kinda Concept Cheetah...

Love them both... but obviously for RACING only... A bit cramped otherwise!

... the first car - looks like GM's protype to beat Shelby Cobra's. Corvette body n bits. And then along came Bill Thomas.

... the second car? Looks like Bill Thomas's prototype. Bill Thomas passed away last year. There's one of these here in Seattle. It's red and one of 8 left. 6.0L engine, FI 475 hp + and a T-10. Drum brakes at all 4 corners. (I recall drum brake fade on my 1964 Pontiac Bonneville Sport Coupe with 421 tri power. Hint: it's why you DON'T want vaccum tri power.)

There IS a road car, the last one produced before the factory fire.
The SCCA effectively killed this off as a GT race car - a Cobra beating potential class winner.

Someone makes a kit - Ruth Engineering and Racing. Wow.
And also here: http://www.shellvalley.com

Last edited:
Well Jeff...

What about the second one?

Looky here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBG9MPnpXF4"]YouTube - 1964 Chevrolet Cheetah - Chevrolet Muscle Cars w/ Dennis Gage[/ame]

What do I win?

That Vauxhall/Vette is cool also... kinda like the Opel relationship with GM back in the day...

... HA Viva

... hard to believe that the same company that brought out the Viva, could also do the VRX!

... something to think about: Wayne Cherry was a colleague of John Delorean at GM; he transfers to Vauxhall and influences the VRX design, then later the Vauxhall SRV (look at a Countach); the Firenza 'droop snoot'; and finally the Pontiac Aztek. What the?

Lastly, Cherry was considered in the same class as designers Bertone and Pininfarina with the Vauxhall Equus.

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/concept_cars/vauxhall_equus.html

Last edited:
What about the second one?

What do I win?

That Vauxhall/Vette is cool also... kinda like the Opel relationship with GM back in the day...

The second is Cheetah of course. I have a slot car cheetah that I've had since I was a kid, just hauled those out a couple days ago to play with my kid. love that stuff. You win undying fame and glory of course.
My first toy car was an Opel GT, Kitchner I think was in on that, predated the Vette shark design by a bit, love that sculpted sleek look, now how is that related to my fetish with the angular sharpness of an X? Not at all I guess.
The Opel was/is a very cool little car, similar to the X in that is is undervalued and underpowered. I'd have gotten another if I could have found another decent one for the $$ I had without another 18 month search. Someday I'll have them all at the same time and pick the day's driver depending on my mood....maybe.

Nice video, that pretty much seals it. Is there a cooler car than that? If only it were a production street machine. Can buy one yet today....sorta

Back