Indicator self cancelling

chumley

Daily Driver
Hi
I'm trying to sort out my indicator and make it self cancel I have a adapter and abarth wheel on so am I missing a lug off original wheel .I can see the way it works and it's working fine but not connected to the wheel. Has anybody had same problem and found a way to make it work
thanks

I recently had to change my ignition switch which entailed wrestling with the steering column. My signals no longer self canceled after that project. A little searching turned up an old thread saying the whole control lever unit can move on the column and slide out of contact range with the little peg that cancels the signal.

I pulled the covers back off a found the the control levers are band clamped to the column. I loosened the clamp and was able to slide the levers toward the steering wheel about 1/4 inch. My signals cancel again.

I have a Personal aftermarket wheel and hub. Just fyi.
20230523_172049.jpg

Attachments

• 20190827_081710.jpg
    20190827_081710.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 14
Thanks do you have the peg on your hub can't see one on mine with the covers off I can spin the thing that cancels and it works fine. Wonder if I could fit something to it does the peg have to be in a certain position

Thanks do you have the peg on your hub can't see one on mine with the covers off I can spin the thing that cancels and it works fine. Wonder if I could fit something to it does the peg have to be in a certain position
I did not install this wheel, it was on the car when I bought it. I don't know what the hub looks like underneath, but it must have a peg.

Here are some pictures of two X1/9 steering wheels I have on the shelf. The hubs on the stock wheels are integrated and the peg is in the lower center of the "hub" area. Note that there is a peg on the back of each, but they are different. The wheel on the top has a spring loaded peg that travels in and out when depressed and released. The wheel on the bottom has the peg on a flexible plastic mount that also allows some in and out travel. Obviously these are from different model years?

20240316_110156.jpg

Top wheel:
20240316_110206.jpg20240316_110245.jpg20240316_110252.jpg

Bottom wheel:
20240316_110213.jpg20240316_110300.jpg

Back