Interchangable Lancia parts?

PMaas

bell driver
This is my first thread here, been planning to register for a while, finally got around to it.
It seems that many parts from the "monte hospital" should work on an "X", specifically looking at poly bushings and such. Am I correct on that?
This is a great site, I appreciate the knowledge base here.

Yup, some X and Scorpion/Montecarlo stuff interchanges...

Most specifically, the suspension and some steering and brake components.

Differences to watch out for though:

Front brake caliper pistons are of a larger diameter on Lancia (48mm vs 39mm I think)

Rear A-Arms on Lancia have mounting points for anti-roll bar

Tie rod ends have different lengths (longer on Lancia to accomodate wider track)

But stuff like suspension bushings should interchange. If you need me to compare a specific part between an X and a Scorpion, let me know.

Welcome to the site, btw.

Pete

No problem. When I read your post...

I kind of assumed you were in the UK, but I see you are in Utah.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are several stateside suppliers that you could check with first. Vick Autosport in Fort Worth, TX is one, Midwest Bayless in Columbus, OH is another. Chris Obert is in CA, I think the name of his company is "Fiat Plus". All have a presence on this site, just surf their sites, or post up what you are looking for in the FS&W forum, and they will pipe up.

Pete

Been There

I've been restoring my X for a couple of years now and have gotten parts from every one of the places you mentioned as well as euro sport-uk. I was asking the question about lancia because monte hospital sells the poly bushings for the radius rods and I hadn't found anyone else with them. Euro sport has the poly suspension bushings, front and back for the X but not radius rods.

I was asking the question about lancia because monte hospital sells the poly bushings for the radius rods and I hadn't found anyone else with them. Euro sport has the poly suspension bushings, front and back for the X but not radius rods.

I have the MCH poly bushings on the front and rear of my Scorpions and my X.

Mark

Most specifically, the suspension and some steering and brake components.

Differences to watch out for though:

Front brake caliper pistons are of a larger diameter on Lancia (48mm vs 39mm I think)
Pete

Pete,
I think you are wrong.
All of my records show the front calipers are the same, but the rear caliper pistons are larger pistons.
I would love to be corrected.

yup, the rears are 34mm on the X, 38mm on the Scorp/Monte (same as FIAT 125s and 132s - not that this will help us US guys). BTW, the Betas have 35mm (or is it 36mm?) rear calipers.

The front Beta calipers are completely different, maybe that is what you were thinking of.

Ahhhh... I was WAAAAY off...

Closest I came was a Bell DIVER... which is ALMOST as crazy as a Bell DRIVER...

Military origins???

I've flown in UH1s and Chinooks... but not voluntarily...

You might well be right, Chris...

Pete,
I think you are wrong.
All of my records show the front calipers are the same, but the rear caliper pistons are larger pistons.
I would love to be corrected.

I am sure that the Lancia front piston is 48mm - or at least, I am sure that the Lancia manual tells me that. I knew there was a difference in piston size somewhere, and I thought I measured a X1/9 front piston at 39mm a while back, but I may well have been mistaken. Next time I get the opportunity, I will do some actual measurements.

Sorry for the confusion!
Pete

Back