Interesting use of the word "mint"

years ago when i was into old Leica cameras, someone listed one on ebay " shutter is jammed, finder is dirty, small dent in left corner, otherwise mint" my other favorite was "mint for its age"

Well, what is shown looks nice

In the interior. It's a shame that there is no photo of the top of the dash or the passenger side, but the driver's seat and door card look nice. I see what looks like rust on the passenger door. On balance, though, it looks like a decent car that needs paint and refreshening. That said, my 80 started in about the same condition and I ended up spending quite a bit to bring it back, between new hoses, rotors, pads, master cylinders, slave cylinders, etc., etc.

Any idea what color that is?

It looks like they tried to polish it up on the driver's side behind the door. Is that the "accident damage" to which you refer? If so, I'm not sure it's accident damage. Hard to tell from the photos.

I don't know that I'd pay much more than a couple hundred for a car that hasn't been on the road for 2 years, and that appears to have been sitting outside all that time.

Last edited:
I saw the rust

on the passengers side too. And then there is the rust that the owner admits to in the rear panels. Would love to know the condition of the floors after seeing 2 cars now that had rusted out floors. But I missed the missing gas cap. That's a worry given it is parked under a tree, and I wonder if the drain holes are blocked up with leaves. The front spoiler is leaning up against the back window.

I thought there was some uneveness to the drivers side where I thought it was accident damage, but you might be right, it might be an attempt to polish it.

My project plan is to do a full de-bumberising job, which would mean welding up all the little holes on a car of this vintage, so a total respray is in my plans.

Well, I'm currently the only bidder, so we'll see what happens. If someone out there wants it more than me, they can have it and I'll keep searching for the right car. :pc:

Back