Intro - SF Bay Area

Bass Ken

Low Mileage
Hi All,

I'm in the process of acquiring a red '87 X that used to be pretty nice but has been sitting outside unloved for the past 4-5 years. I'll be going through the interior and also dealing with faded paint and some rust spots around the windshield. I'm not a fan of the big bumpers so I'll be looking at options there, as well as ditching the rear wing. The engine is getting a new water pump since that's the only component that hasn't been replaced in trying to solve an overheating problem. And a new head gasket just to be safe.

I've been involved with the FIAT America club here in the SF Bay Area for some time (currently serving as Prez) and was looking for a car to take on tours and club events. I'm a long time X1/20 owner, but my Scorpion has been modified to where it's a bit over the top for street driving. The X is one of my favorite driver's cars and I'm happy to finally have one in the stable!

- Ken H.

Welcome!

I have had the intentions of joining the club but my busy life style has prevented me from doing so the past few years. Maybe someday.

Hi Ken, welcome to the madness.....

I am sure that you will turn your X in to an awesome machine.

And fair warning -- the folks around here like pictures. Of everything.

Ciao,

Hello Ken,

What a surprise.. I knew you were looking for an X and it finally happened. Where did this 87 come from?

Ken is the owner and creator of what is known as the "Turbo Beast", a Lancia Scorpiacarlo that is powered with a later generation FIAT/Lancia 2.0L twin cam which has over 300+ Whp..

Ken's Lancia Image gallery:
http://lancisti.net/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/15

This is one of my favorite Scorpiacarlos...

Bernice

Hi All,

I'm in the process of acquiring a red '87 X that used to be pretty nice but has been sitting outside unloved for the past 4-5 years. I'll be going through the interior and also dealing with faded paint and some rust spots around the windshield. I'm not a fan of the big bumpers so I'll be looking at options there, as well as ditching the rear wing. The engine is getting a new water pump since that's the only component that hasn't been replaced in trying to solve an overheating problem. And a new head gasket just to be safe.

I've been involved with the FIAT America club here in the SF Bay Area for some time (currently serving as Prez) and was looking for a car to take on tours and club events. I'm a long time X1/20 owner, but my Scorpion has been modified to where it's a bit over the top for street driving. The X is one of my favorite driver's cars and I'm happy to finally have one in the stable!

- Ken H.

Hi Ken!

Hope that bearing thing got fixed. :doh:

Welcome to Xweb! Be sure to offer the Bertone bits you don't want (like the rear spoiler) here, there's probably a market for just about everything.

Thanks to all for the welcome!

I already have an Italian hot rod so I'll be keeping this one close to stock (so he says now..!). This one has a cam and it feels strong compared to other X's I've driven.

The car has been "in the club" for a long time and the known history was a big reason for picking this one despite its issues.

Attempting to show a picture below at the start of its journey home (thanks Mark!!):
87xsmall.jpg

Tyrone, your Dallara project looks great! BTW you can pick up a subscription membership to FIAT America for only $10/year and keep an eye on our events in case one of them fits your schedule.

- Ken H.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the image....

something didn't work right. Maybe make sure there are no spaces before the leading and after the trailing brackets

Ciao,

Was this Neal's X1/9 at one point?

Bernice

Thanks to all for the welcome!

I already have an Italian hot rod so I'll be keeping this one close to stock (so he says now..!). This one has a cam and it feels strong compared to other X's I've driven.

The car has been "in the club" for a long time and the known history was a big reason for picking this one despite its issues.

Attempting to show a picture below at the start of its journey home (thanks Mark!!):
87xsmall.jpg

Tyrone, your Dallara project looks great! BTW you can pick up a subscription membership to FIAT America for only $10/year and keep an eye on our events in case one of them fits your schedule.

- Ken H.

The current owner is Michael Plitkins although Dan Lennon has had custody of the car for the last few years and arranged the sale to me. I heard the owner was Rob Dietsch before that but haven't confirmed yet.

- Ken H.

Back