It's not just the government...

This might be a good one to send to congress...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhgAPKY7R_I&feature=player_embedded"]‪Judge Judy‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Let's increase those "revenues"...

I say let's give the left what they are clamoring for... let's
increase taxes on "THE RICH"... hit them with a 95% marginal rate on all income and benefits over... drumroll... one million dollars, and word the increase in a way that the Buffet’s and Clooney’s of America will have to pay/give until it hurts. :)

Who asked for....

confiscatory marginal rates? All of the debt and deficit panels have asked for reductions in both individual and corporate marginal rates. they have all asked for radical simplification of the tax code to eliminate favor giving to a few at the expense of the many. They have consistently said that broadening the tax base not increasing rates is the fairest and most growth neutral way to do this. in other words they have said exactly what Reagan said in '86. And he and they are correct. You moan because so few actually pay taxes but when a proposal to to broaden the base so more pay you don't support that idea either.
We should be paying our way, and by that I mean everyone shold participate at whatever level thay can without being taxed into outright poverty. Do you have a better idea or are you just happy bitching about the problem. It has to start somewhere and I tell you this a fair tax system has broad support across ideological lines. The left is pretty fed up with the mortgage tax deduction being so skewed in favor of overleveraged relatively wealthy taxpayers and the right is tired of the 'pay-no-taxes-at-all' folks who are given credits and exemption irrespective of their actual needs.
While the atmosphere is thick with utopian ideas, here is mine- a tax system that collects revenue and nothing more; no exemptions, no credits, no nothing. Tax rates on individual and corporate income that place us in the lower quartile of all OECD countries. A fixed maximum revenue of 19% of GDP and if there is a gap between revenue and the 19% make it up in VAT so that the tax burden is spread to consumers as well as producers. A budget balanced to within 2% of GDP and a requirement of a supermajority in both houses to suspend pay-go requirements.
Now, that is a platform for change that is actually doable and in the right direction. How would you improve on it?

moan???

you are the funny one... I couldn't find a tongue-in-cheek icon, so there it lay.

I say true fairness can't be reached until those that pay no federal income tax pay some... "shared sacrifice" as Reid, Pelosi and Obama have opined.

Yes, I read your post

... truth be told, your demeanor, dyspeptic nature (sorry, just my opinion) and lack of civility tends to cloud anything you proffer... at least for me.

And I'm certain I have my own share of faults.

Last edited:
Back