Jacking

redbarnracer

Flyin' Low
Have looked at several posts with jacks at various locations. What are the best pickup points to lift both front or both rear? I rarely need to lift one side or the other (never had a flat), besides, the car is so low, not even a "racing jack" will get under it, and the stock jack is a joke.

Jim
Sherwood, AR

Yes there are lift points on both F & R

The front one is just behind the radiator in the center.The rear is on the lower motor mount.

I use the built-in flats behind the radiator and behind the engine bay. My car is pretty low in stock trim, so I have to muscle it up a little to get my standard Larin floor jack into place. For you driving onto some 2x boards might get you high enough to start with a floor jack.

They are centrally located so they pick up the front or rear from one point, and leave lots of room for jackstand placement.

Once raised I lower it onto jack stands at the suspension pickup points.

The rear one is in this pic:
IMG_8003.jpg

the first thing I would do is make sure

your not too low. because if your too low it will could mess up you roll center hopefully Steve Hoelscher will chime in hear.

on the jack point's I use I'll have to take some pitchers latter to show you its to hard to explain.

Ya know...

I've been known to PULL UP on the bumper with one hand and SHOVE the jack under the car with the other...

Its a LEARNED trick... much easier with TWO people...

Thanks to all who responded; I have to go find those spots soonest.
And Tony, you're right - can never be TOO low, except when you retire your old autox'er and use as a daily driver. As for the roll center - not too concerned about that. In her day, at Nationals, Steve H. was one of only two who could beat her (PO driver, not me). Oh, and Steve, am finally getting around to finishing the tranny installation after your rebuild. Job issues, ya know.

HAHAHA... Yep...

I'm in the process right now of purchasing custom tires, wheels and cut-down LOWERING springs for my floorjack as I type...

HA!

Honey!!! Lookie Here.......

This would replace all FOUR of our jacks!!! Think of all the shop space we could SAVE!! Ain't this COOL!! :excited:

Apparently you don't know who...

... yur talkin' to here...

"Black-Tooth, aka Mr. Frugal, aka Tony Natoli...

In this particular case, no... I'M NOT WORTH $399.99!

HA!

Mr. Graiot has made ENOUGH money off the Ferrari crowd he can certainly afford to ask a more reasnonable price... HA!

Until then, I'll continue to resort to my standard Taiwanian Floor Jack with my Chinese Jack Stands I've been using for the last 45 years on my American and Italian made cars.

Safety has no price...

.. Just common sense.

Don't get under a car supported only by a jack. Use jackstands, chock the wheels. If I remove the wheels, I lay them under the sills as a backup.

Back