Looks "real"

A lot more "real" than the X1/9 speed boat from years ago!! :thumbsup:

ffbarch1.jpg

ffbarch2.jpg

too good

This is just too good/weird to not move to DF

screen capped for archival glory

jet850.jpg

What I want to know is, how the heck do ya float a Fiat and not have it rust out inside a week? :huh: :p

It's in Seattle Mac

Surely you can get out to see this car... or are you afraid you feel compelled to buy it if you get near it? Rose probably loves being out on the water. What a gift!! ;)

hahahahahaa

AHhhhhhhahahahahahaaha :drink: :mallet:

Rose's idea of being on the water is a yacht that you could tie this "J8T50" to the back of like a dhingy! Picturing her riding shotgun in this, yikes I dont know about that!! Plus I'm still workin on her to buy an Elise :whistle:

I have to say, I do not think I could rush out and pick this up myself, I'm about a month from being evicted and scrambling to figure out where the 2 cars and 1 bike I already have are gonna land...

I guess if I end up at one of those 50 square foot crackerbox condos by Lake Union I could just park this Fiat in the water :hmm: :D

I might not be opposed to going to look at it though, if its not way out in the sticks somewhere...

Real or not?

That's a heck of a good photoshop image if it's fake. I'd like either craft. If I was anywhere near that 850 jet boat I'd be on it, in it, smiling :sun:and grooving.

850 Owner states...

Got an email back from owner:

The amphibian is a project that I worked on since 1975. All the mechanical bits, engine, transmission, brakes, ect., are from a FIAT 850. I designed and built the frame, the body and the retractable suspension. In the process, I got old and don't want to play with it anymore. It has a Wash state title but hasn't been run in a few years. It is located in Seattle near Rainier Beach

Wow...

That's amazing....and it actually looks good.

But....technically it's not 'jet powered,' it has a 'jet prop' which is
not a propeller but a highly concentrated 'jet stream' coming out the back, just like pwc's. Those 'jet boats,' the long flat boats with humongous engines way back when?? The berkley jet pump was the standard, as is, miraculously adapted to this.

Incredible.....it's just incredible. Somebody buy it. JJ, you like 850's.

At least in the water there would be a much less chance of frame breakage, but even if it did it would be less hazardous, provided you're wearing a life jacket......just jump out.

This is really hilarious!

So many times when I was working on my '71 850 Sport Spider I thought to myself that it would make a great boat. I wish I still had it. An actual 850 body, not that monstrosity, would be nice looking and the shape is right too. Alas, too many holes, rusty and otherwise.

Got an email back too...

With a corresponding response - but a more accurate location (address) of where the car/boat is located. If only I had the time (and money, means a ferry ride for me) to go check it out. I asked what a "reasonable offer" might constitute, but he didn't reply directly to that. I think he might really be open to almost ANY offer...

Great news.... After a series of emails and lengthy Phone calls. I am happy to anounce that I purchased this car.... Matt Brannon called me "week". I take that as a complement...

Here are some more photos he emailed me... Wish me luck the Transport is picking up the car tomorrow.....

engine.jpg

enterthewater.jpg

gofast1.jpg

gofast2.jpg

puttputt.jpg

Atdock.jpg

atdock1.jpg

beached.jpg

beached2.jpg

beached3.jpg

Matt must've meant "WEAK"... but I would think...

It would take some kinda STRONG disposition to purchase something like this.

I gotta see this when ya get it... We'll use the pool in your complex to try it out... Sounds like a reason to have a get-together also!

Congrats on the acquisition, JJ!

Now, before you sell it to me...throw a 911 motor in the rear and let's see what kind of a roostertail she'll throw!

I was thinking maybe she needs two or three Jet Ski motors on the back....LOL....Not interested in selling. I am taking the car to best car show in Monterey this year... And once you have had a chance to view the catagories and awards you will realize my goal.... Enjoy the site.. JJ

http://www.concoursdlemons.com/

Well then...

I had a Seadoo Speedster (1997, best year) and what you will want are twin 720 85hp rotax motors. The boat was a rocket. 63 mph. Not that the 850 will have the shape for that top end, but it will still do much better than what is currently in it. Try to find one that has been cracked up and just transfer the mechanicals over.

Last edited:
Now Im smelling a Party if we get some gear heads over and start working with Jet Ski parts... This would be something to be hold.....:)

Back