Job Search Assistance-Boston Area

mbusman

Big Bird
My 30 year old daughter Jessica is currently looking for a new job.

She has a B.A. degree in Political Science with an area of focus in Public Adminstration from Cal State University L.A. After graduation, she worked for Target as a department manager, but got burned out with the unGodly hours and craziness of retail.

She then spent the last 8 years in insurance claims - personal injury and property damage. She got burned out with the case overload with reduced staff (especially after Hurricane Sandy) and pressure to minimize the amount of claims paid to customers. The upward mobility was to supervise a group of adjusters to make sure they kept up with the unreasonable number of claims and minimized the claims paid. Above that were middle management positions over the supervisors to make sure the customer got short-changed.

She's good at statistics, maybe a good analyst type position, and also worked during school for 2 years as an intern for the L.A. County Sheriffs Dept. at the men's central jail. So, she also likes working with law enforcement personnel.

If anyone has contacts with local (city, county, state) or Federal agencies that you might recommend she apply to, please let me know or email Jessica at jbusman807*hotmail.com.

Although I have no concerns that my "little girl" will find a new job, as you know when you're looking, it's necessary to network like a rat in heat.

Thanks.
Mike

P.S. Jessica lives in Quincy, just south of Boston.

What about going from the claims side of the house to the Agent side of the house?

If the Insurance Company she worked for uses retail agents, going from claims to a retail storefront for a major national or significant regional carrier is a way to leverage the insurance industry knowledge she's gathered and add it to the retail experience she has.

She's at the right age to open her own agency....if successful she'll have another 30 years to accumulate a Book of Business that will let her retire early. Plus the retail insurance game allows family-friendly hours and since it's almost all web-based, she can work from almost anywhere.

I have an opening

I work in IT for a large substance-abuse, mental health facility with 300+ employees at 11 sites. I'm looking for an analyst type position who has used Crystal Reports. Job is an hours ride from Quincy in Pocasset, pays in the 50's.

Email me at jmckenzie*gosnold.org if she is interested. I'm a bastard to work for though, worse than Papa Tony or Bob Brown :)

Actually the environment is informal and very low pressure... Just like those two guys :)

Dan/Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. Both great suggestions. I'll pass it along to my daughter.

It's exactly circumstances like this, out of the FIAT world, that make Xweb and the family here the absolute best!!!

Many thanks.

Mike

Back