Lancia Beta Coupe -- anyone seen a nice one around?

ryan

True Classic
Curious if anyone has seen any nice Lancia Beta Coupes for sale recently.

Lancia_beta_coupé_VX_HF.jpg

20570000001_large.jpg

No, but I think Eladio is selling a Zagato.

I think I just saw his Zagato yesterday! :D Does Eladio work with Mark Allison?

The Beta Spider / Zagato is an interesting car, I like that it has a targa. I never really cared much for the rear convertible part though.

I learned to drive partially on a Beta HPE, and have always loved the Beta Coupe.

I learned to drive partially on a Beta HPE, and have always loved the Beta Coupe.

Partially? Like just left turns? :nana:

When we came back from my Navy dad's 4 year stint in Naples Italy, I got the 128 we brought back as my ride. I always noticed Italian cars around Va. Beach. I remember one summer morning driving to my summer job, I saw a light blue Beta up ahead... I sped up to check it out... and it was a girl I'd known in Italy... She actually lived in my neighborhood (or parco) right up the street from me. She was real good friends with the older sister of one of my best friends. I'd worked with her at the pool the summer before. Turns out her family had just gotten back stateside and Kathy was with her mom, learning how to drive in the Beta coupe her family had shipped back from Italy.

Cool car, but she was a bit of a b1tch... I just made sure she and her mom saw me, waved, and motored on. (dickish, but at that age it had to be done.)

Partially? Like just left turns?

Ok, wise guy. :p But yes, I learned how to shift a 5-speed and the basics in a Fiat 131S Mirafiori (within parking lots and side streets), but learned to drive "real roads" later that Summer in a Lancia Beta HPE.

Curious if anyone has seen any nice Lancia Beta Coupes for sale recently.

I have a 1976 that passed smog last time it tried that needs everything that you can have for free.
It's in my "cut em up" spot, and I have been to busy to get started on it.
This is not a car you can drive home.

Chris Obert

I have a 1976 that passed smog last time it tried that needs everything that you can have for free.
It's in my "cut em up" spot, and I have been to busy to get started on it.
This is not a car you can drive home.

Chris Obert

Hi Chris, I remember seeing your 1976 Beta on your website a few times, and probably asked you about it once awhile back. I noticed that you were parting it out now,

http://www.fiatplus.com/1976-lancia-beta-coupe-c-10748-p-1-pr-286216.html

There is a good part of me that hates to see a nice car die, but I know that is easier to say than do. Do you think the car is within reason to restore?

1976%20lancia%20beta.jpg

Yikes, that Beta Coupe and Beta Zagato look awfully nice to part out.

I thought the same thing at least the pic of the coupe - if that is infact the same car and not a "stock" photo.

Its worth checking with him anyway.

Ryan are you looking for a Beta coupe?

I've got a Beta Coupe here which has just been painted. It's a 79, silver, 5 speed, sunroof, AC, etc. Rebuilt 2 liter engine, brakes, shift linkage, etc. I'm in the process of putting the trim back on. Looking for $4300 obo. Straight California title.

Thanks,

Steve J
Fullerton, CA

Nice one

Just down the road from you.

3nb3p23lb5Y05Z45Q6aad95bf917dd5da1d2e.jpg

Kevin at (559) 213-2416. Car is in Santa Cruz.
On the SF Bay Area Craigslist for $2950 Says one owner for 20+ years and everything works except the A/C.

Cheers,
Mike

1975 Beta Coupe

Ryan: I have just finished restoring my 1975 Beta Coupe. It is freshly painted (glass out) in the original (dark coffee brown). It has black leather Zagato seats, (the dried out leather originals are in the attic) new brakes, rebuilt shocks, euro cam timing & new steel pulleys. Rebuilt struts and shift linkage. New valve job, belts and hoses. New 185/65HR14 performance tires. New door and window weather strip. It is a euro spec engine with no usa smog eguipment and is about 20 hp stronger than the USA versions. I am currently doing final tuning on the carburettor jetting to maximize performance and economy. I need room in the garage for my next project and will discuss price only after you have taken the car for a drive(it is strong and dialled in), looked at the receipts for the work I have done(talk is cheap). Car is local show quality. Paint and body by Andy Schank in Richmond. John in Sacramento 916-454-1115

Back