Lancia Scorpion Front Trunk Lid Wanted"

lanciahf

True Classic
Hi All,

I'm going to need a front trunk lid for my scorpion. Anyone know of one available? Mine is pretty well rusted. Are there fiberglass alternatives anymore? Like the 037?

Thanks,
Ralph

The Monte Hospital in the UK...

Carries a patch panel that replaces the part of the hood nearest the 3 vents, which is the most common rust area:

http://montehospital.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=22

You cut off your rusted area and use adhesives to bond this to the rest of your hood. I have no experience with this product.

The other alternative is to switch to a fiberglass hood. I'm not sure if anyone is currently making them. If you are a DIY-er, you could clean up your existing hood and make a mold from it, then crank out as many replacement hoods as you want.

Pete

Many moons ago, I repaired a hood with rust around the vents by making a mold from a good hood and then attached the mold to the rusted hood (after cutting out the rust) and glassed in the area. Its held up perfectly for over twenty years.

You could do something similar by Bondoing up your rusted hood, making a mold and then cut out the rust and Bondo, attach the mold and glass it up.

Carries a patch panel that replaces the part of the hood nearest the 3 vents, which is the most common rust area:

http://montehospital.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=22

You cut off your rusted area and use adhesives to bond this to the rest of your hood. I have no experience with this product.

The other alternative is to switch to a fiberglass hood. I'm not sure if anyone is currently making them. If you are a DIY-er, you could clean up your existing hood and make a mold from it, then crank out as many replacement hoods as you want.

Pete

Scorpion Hood

Thanks all for the suggestions. a friend has offered to take a look at the hood and see if it can be saved.

i just need to finish stripping the car and send it to him.

I have a patch panel and a hood

I have one of each available.
I did buy a fibreglass hood and it cost me a small fortune but none the less I am now willing to part with my original metal hood or the patch panel.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Warren

Last edited:
Back