Lancia Zagato in So Cal Junkyard

Kevin Channer

True Classic
Hi folks, just posting as an alert. Eddie Tuazon contacted me to let me know that an acquaintance sold a Lancia Zagato to LQK Pick a Part in San Bernardino about two weeks ago. So far it has not shown on the Online inventory. There could be a few explanations as to why it does not show in the yard yet. Perhaps there is a delay in processing the salvage title. Perhaps they have a backlog of cars. It is also possible they move certain types of cars to "specialty" yards. Here in So Cal they have about ten yards in a 125mile radius. It's also possible someone bought the car before it went to the yard. I have checked the online inventories of a few locations over the last couple of weeks and have not seen the car. I have not called LQK San Bernardino. I work about three miles away from the yard, but I have been super busy at work. Hopefully if someone is local and looking for arts the car shows up.

Update: Last week I stopped by the LQK Pick apart to inquire. The car has not showed up in the yard yet. The person I spoke with said it will probably be a few more weeks before it is released to the yard. He said since it was purchased here it will definitely remain here. He recommended signing up for their electronic alerts which will let you know when it's available. There is an opportunity to purchase the car now in its entirety. From experience they usually charge $1,200-$1,500 for a whole car. I am personally not in the market, yet the car is very close to my job, and I am willing to help if someone wants to salvage the car.

Update: Last week I stopped by the LQK Pick apart to inquire. The car has not showed up in the yard yet. The person I spoke with said it will probably be a few more weeks before it is released to the yard. He said since it was purchased here it will definitely remain here. He recommended signing up for their electronic alerts which will let you know when it's available. There is an opportunity to purchase the car now in its entirety. From experience they usually charge $1,200-$1,500 for a whole car. I am personally not in the market, yet the car is very close to my job, and I am willing to help if someone wants to salvage the car.

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/inventory/san-bernardino-1291/?search=lancia It is in the yard now, I may try to go by on Tuesday.

The toe in on the rear axle is probably caused by an easy- to bend lower control arm. No rust at the base of the windshield. This car was probably garage most of its life. An easy restoration, if you know how to clean a gas tank, replace fuel lines polish the paint and replace the convertible top half. Buy it now and save it!

I finally got a chance to go by on 12/26/2023. The car is in amazing shape, zero rust, straight body. Rather sad, its demise was probably a slow death from sitting following a minor issue. It was not picked over. A friend who has a Scorpion took the center grill. The four headlights and pods were there and in great shape. Alloys with newish looking tires.

I finally got a chance to go by on 12/26/2023. The car is in amazing shape, zero rust, straight body. Rather sad, its demise was probably a slow death from sitting following a minor issue. It was not picked over. A friend who has a Scorpion took the center grill. The four headlights and pods were there and in great shape. Alloys with newish looking tires.
Are there any more parts left off that Zagato?

Back