Las Vegas Craigslist 74 X Kermit green

I've seen this one in person, I bought a set of CD30s from the owner. OK car, but funky pin striping and some rust around the windshield. The latter makes it a non-starter for me at the price. The owner is enthusiastic about the car, but it's not as clean as you'd be led to believe and it sits outside in a carport in the desert.

It has been listed for sale on and off for a couple years or more. Always around that price as far as I recall. He seems to think it's more special than the reality. Likewise with the other X that Karl posted from Vegas (silver one). It's also been in the ads for a long time. In my opinion they are asking way too much.

Because he is local to me, I called him once to find out more. The guy has very unrealistic ideas about all of that stuff and is strongly opinionated (even defensive) of it. I got the feeling I wasn't the first person to mention his prices were on the high side. Sadly his stuff really isn't even in that great of condition and he isn't nearly as knowledgeable on it as he thinks. I never bothered to call about the silver X (in the other Vegas ad Karl listed), which seems to be in the same boat.

At one point I was very interested in this car. The seller said "cash in person" (wouldn't a wire transfer make more sense?), but then he wouldn't let me look at it. I guess really doesn't want to sell it.
I suspect the little bit of visible rust is the tip of the iceberg. In the end, I got the blue '74 from Dallas. It's an amazing "time capsule" car.

As I mentioned earlier, I met him in person and bought a set of Daytonas from him for pretty cheap. He's an older guy and was nice enough in person, told me he bought the car from an older lady who I think he said was the original owner. I don't think he drives the car at all, it would have taken hours to remove all the junk from around the car to even get it out of its carport. The rust was worse than it appeared in photos. If I had to put a price on it, maybe $3k -- you'll spend that again in rust repair. Yes, his price is unrealistic and he'll probably have the car for several more years if he doesn't drop it.

Back