Late model radiator fan "manual override"

budgetzagato

Administrator
I ran a pair of small wires from one of the late model "spare" console switches... one wire to a ground and the other spliced into the white/black stripe wire that comes from the radiator fan switch. In this way I can press the switch, supplying ground to the radiator fan relay. Still only works with the key on like stock.

One very important detail:
The wire factory wire diagram has an error (surely not the first) in it. The radiator fan circuit is labeled as coming into the relay panel via a 3-wire terminal "E" but if you look at the back of the panel you see that the multi-pin terminal "E" has many more wires than the one illustrated in the diagram. It does have a white/black wire, so it is easily mistaken. The white/black wire in "E" isn't in the same place as in the diagram though.

Nearby in terminal "Q" however, is three wires of the correct colors. The white/black wire in this connector is the one you want to splice into for your grounding switch.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

That's how I did it. I have lots of wire loom cut form old Volvos, so I ran the same white/black wire from the relay panel to the switch. Now, we just need some of those switch covers, this just isn't doing it for me...

"FAN" :rolleyes:

X19AEMwideband0005.jpg

All those numbers are wrong

My diagram came with a correction sheet, that basically says all the previously given codes for wire terminal blocks are wrong... Please use the following ones etc.

Back