lawn mower safety bar clamp?

Discussion in 'NFC Forum' started by carl, Apr 15, 2019 at 6:06 PM.

1. carl

carl True Classic

I hate to ask this here but I don't know anyone around me to ask and I tried searching on the net but apparently don't have the right search logic.

Your basic gas or electric mower has a bar you have to keep up against the handle or the engine dies, a safety thing. My arthritic hands start to really hurt while holding this bar and I was wondering what people have used to hold the safety bar up against the handle but that can be released easily. Something more elegant than vice grips!

2. Daniel Forest

Daniel Forest True Classic

[​IMG]
    2 inches clamp. Or bigger if it is not strong enough

3. bpimm

bpimm Brian Pimm

4. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Same here, right along with the safety guards on all of my grinders & power saws, override controls on all machinery, and any other OSHA type stuff.

5. Jefco

Jefco Low Polar Moment

I tied mine down with a red shop towel.

6. carl

carl True Classic

OK, you guys are on the same page as I am, thought for sure Amazon would market something totally cool for just this purpose.

7. Rod Midkiff

Rod Midkiff True Classic

The last one I removed did not just kill the ignition, it also shoved a pin into the crank... It would stop the thing with a loud clunk. I could not believe they would do such a thing. Yes, I disabled that right away!!

8. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

I kind of get what they were probably thinking, "this is an emergency and the blades need to be stopped immediately to save a life". But that should only be in the actual event of an emergency, not everyday use. Some difference in the way it is activated for those two scenarios is needed. Otherwise it will destroy the engine in very short time. Sometimes our society's legal liability issues just go way too far.