LED Headlights?

bg82x

Bob Grasch
A few years back I installed new headlight housings using H4 bulbs. After just a few years I have noticed the inside of the glass is foggy. Also water seems to be getting inside the headlight housing. I was thinking of replacing these with LED headlights. Does anyone have any advice or experience on using LED headlights? Any recommendations on a specific product to use? All advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I picked up a pair of these and they work very well.

p.jpg

2X 7'' H4 H/L H13 40W 7INCH Round LED Headlight Kit for Jeep Wrangler JK CJ TJ

I have a pair that I am about to upgrade to another pair. I absolutely love the LED headlights and they are a major improvement over traditional headlights. The two biggest complaints come from not understanding the color temperature and the brightness. Depending on your eyesight and your driving you are going to want different numbers.. I like a more white than blue....

I agree with ecohen2. I have also found it depends on where you drive the car. If you are mostly in town or residential areas, then LED is great. Now, for the LED's I had, I found if you are out in the middle of nowhere, they don't perform as well as regular or HID, particularly in the long distance category. For example, when I lived in the San Jose area of CA, the LED's were amazing! However, living out in the middle of nowhere arizona, not so much, they diffuse way too much before getting downrange. Hope this helps.

Back