LED switches for HVAC.

dburdick

doug b
File this one under " Not that I should, but I could". I simply didn't care for the look of the old Crysler HVAC control box in my scorp, so I decided to update the look abit. these are from a company called pilot, and they can be found at autozone. They are touch sensitive switches with LEDs in them that indicate whether a device is now on (red) or off(blue). I use them to activate relays, which in turn activates electric airvalves to route vaccume where needed to control the various vents in the HVAC. I have one of the switches connected to a dual circuit relay for the fan speed, and another to turn the fan on. If anyone is interested, I'll do a write up with wiring diagram.
Top pic is igniton "off".
Next is inginton "on", switches will light blue to indicate nothing is running.

Last pic, I have turned on each switch, and no, I don't actually have a use for all of them...yet!

thanks!

I think it is in keeping with the charater of the car. These cars look so futuristic! Now if only they would fly...

File this one under " Not that I should, but I could". I simply didn't care for the look of the old Crysler HVAC control box in my scorp, so I decided to update the look abit. these are from a company called pilot, and they can be found at autozone. They are touch sensitive switches with LEDs in them that indicate whether a device is now on (red) or off(blue).

Can you configure them so they aren't illuminated in the off position?

Possibly

I'm not sure but maybe. the lights are not really as bright and intrusive as the pics indicate. These switches have internal circuit boards. Their not to hard to take apart. It might be possible to simply unsolder one LED bulb or the other.

Nice looking...

Kind of Battlestar Galactica in there. What are all the switches for? Or did I miss that part?

Well,

All the ones on the left control the vents, heater valve and fan speed, and at least one on the right will engage the A/C. So I do have a use for most of them. I'll probably use one to turn on the interior lights, that will leave one or two with no real use for the moment.
Kind of Battlestar Galactica in there. What are all the switches for? Or did I miss that part?

Back